Grand adventures in cooking vs Wonderland tea party

from Canada

Mouseketeer
We are a family with 3 children planning on a Feb 2002 trip to Disney. The kids are DD-10 DS-7 DD-4. I can't justify the expense of doing the tea party and grand adventures in cooking. So, my question is, which would you recommend? I noticed on this website that the cooking is 2 hours for 19.95 (I dont know if that price is still accurrate), and the tea party is 22.95 for 1 hour. Mind you, there are characters at the tea party, but for 1 hour and 3 kids, that is expensive.
Thanks for your advice
karen

It depends on what your kids like to do. Mine love hands on activities and this is just what the Grand Adventures in Cooking Offered. My kids loved making their treat (apple tarts) and have a great apron they made. I would do this again.

You can see characters at other character meals, which always do.

my kids haven't done either yet but if you post on the resort board you will get a lot of answers on this one. Also if you do a search on that board you will come up with a lot of info

My daughter participated in the Adventures in Cooking program and she absolutely loved it! It took 2 hours and during those two hours my DH and I had a chance to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Grand Floridian. I would definitely do it again.

Have fun!

Mary

My 3yo DD had a great time decorating the hats and aprons we could hardly get her to leave. simply a must do.

Yet another vote here for Grand Adventures in Cooking! Our DD (3 then) went and did it last year, and she ADORED IT! She was so excited to have some time to herself and to do something especially for her. She is an attention hound, so being able to walk into the lobby with all the goodies she helped make was wonderful for her. She loved making the chef's hat and decorating that and her apron, she still wears them around the house when she plays or helps me cook! I highy recommend it!:)

Karen,

I'm also going in Feb 2002 with 3 kids, all girls 9,7,5 and was wondering the same thing!
Did a search and found your post.

The cooking sounds better AND you get to keep your hat and apron! BUT the Alice characters are so cute. Oh to be rich and go to Disney for a month!

Have fun,

Vivienne

Thanks for all you help. I'm probably going to go for the Adventures in Cooking. Im going to book it as soon as we have our dates set. (still waiting to book a flight). Viviene...maybe we'll see you there!

We're booked for the 15th! :D

Maybe we will see you there! I'll be the one in the Tinkerbell shirt, ya can't miss me.

Happy planning,

Vivienne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter