Graduation celebration on board?

SCTigers

Earning My Ears
My DD is graduating from HS in 2023. We are sailing the Fantasy 7-day Western Caribbean in May. She’s been homeschooled and is less than enthusiastic about participating in a traditional ceremony here. Any ideas on how we could have a ceremony on board/or you’ve seen done? Is that taboo?

I don't know anything about ceremonies onboard, but if you let your serving team know, then they'll bring her a celebration cake and some of the other servers will come to congratulate her and cheer. It was kind of fun when we took my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary.

I don't know about doing an actual graduation ceremony on board, but you can certainly indicate that you are celebrating a graduation on your reservation. There are also onboard gifts you can look into- nothing specific for graduation, but the nautical character stateroom decorations might be fun to add and it would give her a nice beach towel to remember the cruise.

If characters are allowed to get closer by then, maybe you could arrange for her favorite character to present a diploma? Although if you homeschooled, maybe that honor should go to you?

Pick up some 2023 graduation ears, maybe a cap and gown for photos around the ship? I’d see more of a celebration than a ceremony.

Get some large magnets made for your stateroom door proclaiming her achievement. The graduation Mickey ears, gown, and professional photographs of the graduate and of the family. Celebrate the moment :cheer2:

They won't let you do a wedding ceremony on board unless you buy their wedding pakage. Haven't heard of them having a graduation ceremony pack.

Ask for an “I’m celebrating” button for her to wear. CMs will ask her about it throughout the cruise and she can talk about what she is celebrating and receive lots of congratulations

If characters are allowed to get closer by then, maybe you could arrange for her favorite character to present a diploma?

Pretty sure that is not allowed - I know they can WITNESS things like engagements, but they cannot hold signs, etc. asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter