Grad nights??????

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
What exactly are they - how do they affect the parks - and does anyone have the exact dates for this year?

Thanks!

Go to grad-nights.com. They have a complete listing of dates.

I would love to know the answer to your question regarding their impact on the park attendence levels during the day.

Anyone?

We've been the last 2 years during this time and didn't notice any difference during the day. Only major effect was no Spectro/fireworks in MK on these Friday/Saturday noghts as well as the park closing early....we just planned around it. The dates are 4/23, 4/24, 4/30, and 5/1. I second the grad nights website for further info. Have fun planning!!!

Originally posted by scrapaholic
We've been the last 2 years during this time and didn't notice any difference during the day. Only major effect was no Spectro/fireworks in MK on these Friday/Saturday noghts as well as the park closing early....we just planned around it. The dates are 4/23, 4/24, 4/30, and 5/1. I second the grad nights website for further info. Have fun planning!!!
------------------------------------------------

Oh no! That's the only Friday & Saturday nights we'll be there! Does that mean we won't get to see Spectro/Fireworks throughout our entire trip?? :(

can't say what will happen this year, but last may there was spectromagic on the thurs night, may1/03. this was not on the originally posted hrs but was added a couple of weeks before that date:D so i suppose it depends on crowds. i am hoping to see it during my stay too, apr18-may2.
katypop

Originally posted by C.Ann
------------------------------------------------

Oh no! That's the only Friday & Saturday nights we'll be there! Does that mean we won't get to see Spectro/Fireworks throughout our entire trip?? :(

Usually they add it on a weeknight. One thing though - that day will be very crowded at MK. That happened on our May trip last year, I think they ran Spectro on Tuesday. By noon, everything had a long wait. We left and returned in the evening to see the parade and fireworks.

We have been there every year and there has never been any real impact other than MK closing early. Many years this has been remedied by offering e-ticket nights during the week, so try not to worry too much. These events do effect PI also. There are many planned activities/parties at PI and on those days/evenings, PI does not open to the public until the crowds of kids are going.....i.e., the alchol does not come out until the kids are gone. You'll see the change in MK hours when the calendar is released for those dates. We will be there from April 28-May 8 and won't let grad nights bother us. I think it's wonderful that Disney does these special activities for all of the grads! On the grad nights head over to EPCOT to enjoy the Flower Power concerts at WS! That's where we'll be.

Reportedly, the noise has bothered SOME people in the MK hotels. We didn't hear a thing at WL but saw a woman complaining bitterly to a CM.

We were there last May for grad nights and stayed at the Poly. The only noise we noticed was the special fireworks they set off at midnight, which did not bother us. We really didn't notice a sharp increase in Park Crowds. They had fireworks on Tuesday, just be aware that because it was the only one that week MK was mobbed. I don't mind crowds but when you can't move an inch in any direction it gets creepy. Should've listened to DH and watched them from the beach at the Poly. I don't think they offered E nights when we were there.

I forgot about Grad Nights when I made my ressies, however it seems that it will work out okay.

(Grad Nights are only at MK, correct?)

We will be at BWV April 28-May 2, then moving to VWL from May 2 to May 7. We were planning to spend the first half of our stay at MGM and EPCOT anyway, saving the MK stuff for the 2nd week. Hopefully there will be a Spectro during the 2nd part of our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter