Grace Period for DAS Advance Selections?

The DAS Advance Selections are supposed to expire and disappear when the 1 hour window ends. But, in our experience, they disappear at varying times and some of ours were still there 2 hours after. As long as it’s still showing up on My Disney Experience app, it can still be used

Yes they have a grace period, but it really does vary. We've had luck in some instances when it's not even showing in MDE that the cast member still honored it.

We were five minutes past at DLR for an experience because we had some hiccups with our DD. They were in need of the bathroom for an extended period of time to help alleviate some health issues.

And...we were permitted in to HM. I will say this too. We talked with a CM about our family being tardy and asked if it was okay before entering the queue. The CM very plainly said that she understands that delays can happen with DAS users and there was no problem going in late.

I make it a point to discuss with CMs these types of issues and concerns. At no time does my DD (the DAS user) want to feel like they are abusing the system and our entire family agrees by being late or for whatever reason. That's why we discuss it with a CM and if the CM were to decline our ability to enter late, we would've left without question or comment. We tried to understand that there are limits to accommodations and we are just truly thankful that TWDC offers this program for our kiddo.

Last week at WDW, ours stayed in the app until park closing. We didn't use most of them.

We were five minutes past at DLR for an experience because we had some hiccups with our DD. They were in need of the bathroom for an extended period of time to help alleviate some health issues.

And...we were permitted in to HM. I will say this too. We talked with a CM about our family being tardy and asked if it was okay before entering the queue. The CM very plainly said that she understands that delays can happen with DAS users and there was no problem going in late.

I make it a point to discuss with CMs these types of issues and concerns. At no time does my DD (the DAS user) want to feel like they are abusing the system and our entire family agrees by being late or for whatever reason. That's why we discuss it with a CM and if the CM were to decline our ability to enter late, we would've left without question or comment. We tried to understand that there are limits to accommodations and we are just truly thankful that TWDC offers this program for our kiddo.
This is exactly the scenario I was wondering about. The course of our day can be unpredictable and I realize that some (or many) of these advance selections may not get used, and we're okay with that. Thank you for sharing your experience :)

We did scan in 5 minutes late on an advance selection ride and I mentioned that when we scanned in, and the CM said "you're good, there is a grace period." This was on Slinky Dog Dash.

They have to build in a grace period because sometimes the like just to scan in is very long. This was the case at SDD and also Seven Dwarfs Mine train. We waited nearly 20 minutes for SDMT just to scan in to the first tapstyle. The line was so long there was a CM with a "line starts here" sign.

We did scan in 5 minutes late on an advance selection ride and I mentioned that when we scanned in, and the CM said "you're good, there is a grace period." This was on Slinky Dog Dash.

They have to build in a grace period because sometimes the like just to scan in is very long. This was the case at SDD and also Seven Dwarfs Mine train. We waited nearly 20 minutes for SDMT just to scan in to the first tapstyle. The line was so long there was a CM with a "line starts here" sign.
We're at WDW right now, and that's happening a lot to us. I'm the DAS holder, and the LL queues are testing my ability to stay in line. My daughter is being really great and checking in with me to make sure I'm not turning into Grumpy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter