Gps

SnowWhite09

DIS Veteran
Hi All - who has taken their GPS from Australia to the US with them? Do you need to download the US maps and if so, how do you go about doing this? Also, which GPS would you recommend?

TIA!
:goodvibes

Hi - go to the website of your GPS manufacturer, they'll have instructions there. It varies from model to model and between the different brands.

Your GPS may have sufficilent memory for you to download directly into the unit itlsef, or you may have to load to amemory stick and then insert into the side.

I have a Garvin, works VERY well.

Hi - go to the website of your GPS manufacturer, they'll have instructions there. It varies from model to model and between the different brands.

Your GPS may have sufficilent memory for you to download directly into the unit itlsef, or you may have to load to amemory stick and then insert into the side.

I have a Garvin, works VERY well.

Thanks Oz-kateer! :thumbsup2

I have a Tom Tom One XL I have had this GPS for 3 years and have used it twice in the USA I purchased the west coast maps for about $90 for the TomTom site. Never had any trouble with it just updated it online before we went and had the GPS fully charged when we got to our hotel switched it on set the maps to USA, set it up for right side of the road driving and waited about 5 minutes until it knew where it was and all set ready to go. When we got our hire car just pluged it into the lighter as the GPS knew were it was it was not long in before we were ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter