Gotta Love Free Dining!!!

zookeeper

Mouseketeer
We returned Friday from 6 nights at POP on the Free DDP and had a blast! The TS restaurants were crowded and we did see people turned away that had no ADR's, but the crowds in the parks were really manageable and we had minimal waits for everything! Here's where we ate this time around:

TS #1 - Chef Mickey's (dinner)
- This was the only restaurant that my DS's insisted on returning to since it was their favourite meal last year. I didn't go last year because I was at CRT with my DD so it was new to me. It was a great way to start off our trip. The characters were very attentive and we feel like they rushed too much from table to table. The food was great and the dessert table was especially tasty! We'll definitely be returning next trip.

TS #2 - Coral Reef (lunch)
- We asked to be seated near the tank and they put us on the first level with a good view of everything, although, I don't think there's really a bad spot in the restaurant for viewing. My food was great (NY sirloin) and cooked perfectly. The kids meals were typical, but they did get to have a little appetizer of lobster soup and when they tried it and didn't like it our server immediately brought out some fries for them without us asking which I thought was nice.The only complaint I would have for this restaurant is the amount of noise there was there. There happened to be a lot of children in there when we were eating and for some reason the parents of these kids seemed to have little control. At one point a 4 or 5 yr. old boy was crawling along the floor on the bottom level and nearly took out a couple of servers. I was a little taken aback because I assumed it would be a quieter place to eat. We would probably return here to eat in the future, but it wouldn't be a must-do like Chef Mickey's.

TS #3 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (lunch)
- We had a great server (Mama Sue) and she got into her role right away so the kids loved it. The food was great, but we felt a little rushed (as with almost all the restaurants this time around for Free Dining). We had barely started to eat our appetizers when they brought out our entrees. I would definitely suggest taking your time when ordering. We found that in all the TS restaurants they would pressure you to order everything at once, but if we would've ordered apps. and then later decided on entrees it probably would've been better paced. Here I ordered onion rings, Grilled Chicken Sandwich and angel food cake for dessert. It was all yummy and we could barely finish one dessert between 4 of us. Since the 3 kids were too stuffed to order their own dessert, Mama Sue packed up 3 containers to go for us, 2 with fruit and 1 with brownies. The theming here is really good.

TS #4 - Donald's Breakfastosaurus
- Least favourite meal of the week. Food was just OK and they really rushed us here. We hadn't even sat down and the server had given us drinks without asking what we wanted and told us to go straight up to the buffet. One of the kids had to go to the bathroom and he got a little annoyed when we waited for her to return before going to get our food. Probably won't return here.

TS #5 - 'Ohana (dinner)
- Favourite meal of the week!!!! The food was amazing, although if you're not a meat-lover you may not enjoy it. The wontons, wings,shrimp and salad were so tasty. They would've made a great meal in themselves. We didn't eat too many potatoes or stir-fried veggies, but the skewers of meat were incredible!! The meat was cooked just right (for me anyways ;) ) not too dry, not too pink. The kids had a blast doing the hula,limbo and coconut races. The dessert was SOOOO tasty! I think this will definitely be a must-do from now on!

TS #6 - Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch)
- Another disappointment for us. The kids had really been looking forward to this meal and we got a complete dud as a server. There were others workng at the time that were really into it that day, but we had no luck! The food was pretty good. I had the nachos (we didn't care for them so much - too soggy), I had the grilled chicken salad which was pretty good, DD had stackhouse sandwich and it was huge. She did like it, but could barely eat half of it. We had the cinammon tortilla dessert with banana caramel sauce. I liked it, DD did not. She was expecting the tortilla to be soft, more like a crepe.The boys had typical kid's menu stuff all week, but they were happy with it. It was nice to see the Wilderness Lodge though. I'd really like to stay there one day. It looks so beautiful!

All in all we had a great week and can't wait to go back again and find some new favourite restaurants!!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. We also loved PTC. So fun and great food. I personally did not care for Whispering Canyon cafe.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

Glad to see you liked Ohana, I'm trying them for the first time when I go in 2 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter