GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

One last note: Regarding motion sickness, neither my husband nor I got really sick after riding, but we both were dizzy. My head felt “heavy” for 30 minutes or so.

I think it may have been exacerbated by baking in the mid-afternoon sun for 30 minutes while we waited in line outside the building. Plus, we didn’t have any water with us. So, by the time we got through the hourlong wait to ride, we were really hot and thirsty.

We’re going to be better prepared today with lots of water, etc.

For reference, I can ride RNRC but not Everest. My husband can ride both. This ride affected me less than Everest (which makes me completely nauseated), but it affected my husband more than Everest. So be forewarned if you’re sensitive to motion. It’s pretty intense with all the spinning.

Frustrating note for our AP preview today. We have a park pass for AK because that’s where we intended to go today. System added a park pass for Epcot for the preview (even though our preview window isn’t until 2).

At 7 this morning, the Genie system wouldn’t let me book passes before 2 pm at AK or Epcot. Treated it as though we were hopping for both parks and would only show us things after 2 pm for either park.

We have lunch reservations for AK today, so we’re headed to GS momentarily. I’m going to ask them to give me my FOP and KS passes I should have rightfully been able to book at 7 am. If not, I’m going to ask that Genie+ be refunded for today because it’s doing us zero good at the moment - we can’t book anything before 2 pm in any park.
I’ve seen either here or on Facebook that unfortunately that’s a huge glitch if you are doing AP and have a prior reservation to another park that you can’t make any g+/ILL till after 2

Frustrating note for our AP preview today. We have a park pass for AK because that’s where we intended to go today. System added a park pass for Epcot for the preview (even though our preview window isn’t until 2).

At 7 this morning, the Genie system wouldn’t let me book passes before 2 pm at AK or Epcot. Treated it as though we were hopping for both parks and would only show us things after 2 pm for either park.

We have lunch reservations for AK today, so we’re headed to GS momentarily. I’m going to ask them to give me my FOP and KS passes I should have rightfully been able to book at 7 am. If not, I’m going to ask that Genie+ be refunded for today because it’s doing us zero good at the moment - we can’t book anything before 2 pm in any park.
Well this is concerning. We have had passes / plans to go to HS this Monday May 16 and will want to book ROTR and Slinky, etc to enjoy the morning before hopping to Epcot for our 4:00pm Guardians preview. So since we now have a "competing" Epcot reservation that same day, the system isn't going to let us book any lightning lanes at HS prior to 2pm? How did customer service handle it in your case and how can we be proactive in making sure this doesn't happen?

DVC check-in was pretty seamless. We walked all the way to the left turnstiles - very end. There were special event signs. We got checked in by someone with an iPad. We had to show our DVC card in our digital wallet.

There was a very long line for people who didn’t have park reservations. They had to go to a special turnstile where only one person was working to be scanned in.

Because our reservation was after 2 and we’d already been to HS yesterday morning, we were treated like a regular hopper and didn’t have to wait in that long line. Just went through a regular turnstile after being checked in on the iPad.

Our ride reservation window was 3:30-4. When we got to the ride at 3:15, they were announcing anyone with a 3:30 window could come on in.

The line outside the ride was crazy long and hot! We waited outside about 30 minutes and then inside the building for another 30 minutes. Ride itself is great - we’re doing it again today on an AP preview.
Thanks for all the info. Did they allow you to ride more than once yesterday? Could you please report back today if they are allowing multiple rides? Thanks and have fun!

Thanks for all the info. Did they allow you to ride more than once yesterday? Could you please report back today if they are allowing multiple rides? Thanks and have fun!
We rode yesterday 5/9. Our time was 10:30, but they let us check in about 15 minutes early. We rode and as soon as we got off in the exit area, I asked the CM about a re-ride. She said sure, just go back out and join the queue. However, at the front entrance, where they were checking with ipads, the CM scanned our magic bands and said since we rode once, we weren't allowed to ride again because of "sustainability" (guess they are concerned about the ride going down).
Also, for anyone concerned about the email and printing it out to bring with you, the CM said they don't need those at all....

This ride is the best ride at Disney right now lovedddddd!!!! Do the child swap even if your child doesn’t intend to ride so you can go on more than once. I know the first day they were allowing multiple rides that was not the case yesterday I think they were scanning each band for practice for the cast members. My son is 6 so I used his band to go on a second time since he was scared after going on it the first time so I got a second ride out of it that way. So if you child has an ap def do the rider swap if they don’t intend on riding …. I got a notification that our pictures from the ride are in my photo pass but I can’t find them did this happen to anyone else maybe it just needs more time to load

We did the 12:00-12:30pm AP preview on Sunday May 8th and they were letting people re-ride early. I guess it led to a pretty long wait time later in the day...as many people stayed to ride again. We did the DVC preview yesterday Monday May 9th and I heard several cast members say no re-rides. I'm sure it depends on who you ask, but I'd be prepared to only ride once.

Well this is concerning. We have had passes / plans to go to HS this Monday May 16 and will want to book ROTR and Slinky, etc to enjoy the morning before hopping to Epcot for our 4:00pm Guardians preview. So since we now have a "competing" Epcot reservation that same day, the system isn't going to let us book any lightning lanes at HS prior to 2pm? How did customer service handle it in your case and how can we be proactive in making sure this doesn't happen?
We’re at AK now. When we arrived, I headed to a blue guest experience tent. They described it as a “known issue.” I told the rep I would have successfully booked FOP and Navi at 7 and then booked KS after scanning at Navi. She was very helpful and gave us passes to all three rides (we still had to pay for FOP).

This works fine for us, as we weren’t planning to ride anything else here anyway. But if we had been, we’d be at a real disadvantage because the system won’t let us book anything even after we scan in at a ride - still says we’re not eligible due to park hopping restrictions. Hopefully, it’s something IT will get fixed as it would have been annoying if there were other things here we wanted to ride.

On the plus side, I was able to book a Remy and Frozen for this afternoon at Epcot, so at one point today, we had reservations for FOP, KS, Navi, Remy and Frozen all on our account.

No re-rides allowed yesterday. I wouldn’t have waited in that baking in the sun line again even if we could have ridden again. The first 30 minutes of waiting before getting in the building were brutally hot.

I got a notification that our pictures from the ride are in my photo pass but I can’t find them did this happen to anyone else maybe it just needs more time to load
I rode yesterday too and got the photo notification, but no photos :upsidedow

One more thought on the duplicate park reservation issue - this morning, I tried to cancel the Epcot reservation Disney gave me for the preview, as our preview isn’t until this afternoon anyway. I thought canceling it might clear up the issue and allow us to book Genie+ rides at AK this morning. But the system wouldn’t let me cancel the Epcot reservation.

We’re at AK now. When we arrived, I headed to a blue guest experience tent. They described it as a “known issue.” I told the rep I would have successfully booked FOP and Navi at 7 and then booked KS after scanning at Navi. She was very helpful and gave us passes to all three rides (we still had to pay for FOP).

This works fine for us, as we weren’t planning to ride anything else here anyway. But if we had been, we’d be at a real disadvantage because the system won’t let us book anything even after we scan in at a ride - still says we’re not eligible due to park hopping restrictions. Hopefully, it’s something IT will get fixed as it would have been annoying if there were other things here we wanted to ride.

On the plus side, I was able to book a Remy and Frozen for this afternoon at Epcot, so at one point today, we had reservations for FOP, KS, Navi, Remy and Frozen all on our account.
Thanks for this info. We have reservations for HS (and now Epcot for the GOG preview) on May 16 so I just called the Disney Passholder line. I got put on hold for a while so the rep could research this glitch / issue. He came back and said that while it was a known glitch, it has been fixed by the IT folks. But obviously if you experienced it this morning, it has not been fixed. So I guess now we will just have to wait and see on Monday at 7am if it will let us book our ROTR and Slinky LL's and if not, head to guest services when we arrive? Should I just book them and accept the 2pm slots they give in hopes that they will change them to earlier time slots (we need to hop to Epcot at 2pm) or should I book stuff like Frozen at Epcot to be safe and make sure we are booking SOMETHING in hopes that they will give us the passes we need at HS later on when we go to GS in person?

The ride looks fun and a great addition to Epcot. For me it's just an average coaster. It wouldn't even be in my top 20 coasters

The ride looks fun and a great addition to Epcot. For me it's just an average coaster. It wouldn't even be in my top 20 coasters
Have you ridden it? Pretty sure it was never meant to compete with coasters the likes of Cedar Point and Six Flags. It's more than just a roller coaster...it's an experience.

I got on this morning with a 10:00 - 10:30am reservation. We walked over from the Dolphin at 9:30 and checked in at about 9:55. At this point in the day it was very well organized with a minimal wait. I think it probably took 15 minutes until we reached the first pre show. And let me just say that it blows my mind that Disney can have a preshow as good as GoTG, but have that absolutely horrid one for FoP. I loved everything about the ride though. This one is gonna be a banger for years to come.

I heard no gift shop and no on ride photos however some posters above said they did get photos so perhaps a soft open of the shop for later preview slots 🤞

I asked about the gift shop. A CM said the gift shop will open on May 27th when the ride officially opens.
EDITED TO ADD: I was really hoping to buy some merchandise. Oh well... next time.

Just back from our AP preview. Wow -- what a difference from our DVC preview yesterday! As I posted above, yesterday we waited an hour (30 minutes outside in direct sun) to get on the ride. Today, we had a 2 pm slot. We checked in at 1:50, and there was basically no line at all.

We walked through the Galaxarium with no stopping, and we didn't even wind through the queue in the exhibit room - just went straight into the first pre-show room. IMPORTANT TIP that I read on this board or on FB -- go to the far right in the two pre-show rooms. That will put you at the very front of the crowd when the doors open into the actual loading area.

In fact, today standing to the far right worked so well that we had a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We walked straight up and down the ramp to the loading area at the very front of our pre-show crowd. I don't know if the people behind us were slow or what, but my husband and I were directed to the loading area and got on the train -- and no one else came before the loading gates shut. The attendant put us in Row 9, because she said that's her favorite row (front row of the last car). My husband looked at me and said, "Are we riding by ourselves?" And at that moment, our train pulled out just as other people were walking up to the loading gates! So, yep, we had a completely private ride. We got "I Ran So Far Away" as our song, which was fantastic. We laughed the entire way, and at the end of the ride, we took photos of ourselves on the empty train before exiting.

It was incredible experience, and we can't wait until it opens and we get to ride it again!

ALSO -- no problem with motion sickness at all today. I think yesterday I was just really hot and dehydrated. But that wasn't an issue today.

For all of you who still have a preview to look forward to, enjoy it! It's an amazing ride! And stand to the far right!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter