GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I'm on line right now. Spent about 5-6 minutes outside and am now in the first room. I had the 12:30-1pm slot. I was really worried after seeing the pictures of the line outside but it's not bad at all. The line is moving fairly consistently.

Can anyone who has ridden this let me know how dark/strobe light the ride is? My husband has epilepsy and was 100% fine on Everest and doing Star Tours/Millennium Falcon with those lighting effects, but it is so hard to tell from the videos that are released so far how this one will be. I just thought I'd get feedback on how dark and bright flashing it gets!

How would you describe the intenseness of the ride? My two DD's 8 &11 are very careful about what they ride. They ride 7 dwarfs and thunder mountain, but have not yet graced space mountain or Rockn'. We will be at WDW at the end of June and both said they want to try it, but I am gearing up to see what it will be like. I have told them it will be dark like dinosaur but faster, more like thunder mountain... Am I totally lying to my kids? someone mentioned ROTR which they love, so maybe they will enjoy it? Thank you for your input!!

I'm off the ride and my total wait was around 40 minutes. Hands down the best coaster at WDW. It would be worth getting the LL for in the future. It's like a mixture of Space Mountain and Everest intensity wise. I didn't mind only doing 1 ride since I had to meet back up with the non-APs in my group. In case anyone was wondering they do let you request rows. I asked for the first row and a CM let me no problem.

Sure this will have been answered already but any concerns about bigger guests struggling to fit on it, like Flight of Passage or the universal rides?

Sure this will have been answered already but any concerns about bigger guests struggling to fit on it, like Flight of Passage or the universal rides?
I’ve heard as previously posters have said if you fit comfortable on Everest you will be fine

I had the 10am preview today. They let us in at about 9:48am. I rode twice. When I got back in line for a 3rd time, there was a new lady out front very loudly exclaiming "no re-rides allowed" - so I left the line.

Today? Seems they started cracking down for many and only allowing one ride per person as of this morning. Did you just hop right back in line upon exiting the ride?

Yup I just went in line and rode again they didn’t seem to mind 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe we got lucky?

What are peoples thoughts the overall theming/experience of the pre shows and ride. I only seen videos but it looks like Disney has once again skimped on the overall cost.

I don't doubt it is best coaster at Disney as there is not much to beat.

But from the preview videos it seems the theming is very confused and done on the cheap when you compare with theming on the last 2 universal coasters.

You would think they could of added anomontrics rather just screens.

What are peoples thoughts the overall theming/experience of the pre shows and ride. I only seen videos but it looks like Disney has once again skimped on the overall cost.

I don't doubt it is best coaster at Disney as there is not much to beat.

But from the preview videos it seems the theming is very confused and done on the cheap when you compare with theming on the last 2 universal coasters.

You would think they could of added anomontrics rather just screens.

It is very well themed. My only nitpick is the first pre-show room was...barren? And a little awkwardly done. I LIKED the pre-show but it was oddly positioned.

My daughter and I did the DVC preview yesterday. Big thumbs up from us. It's somewhere between Space Mountain and Rock N' Rollercoaster. A lot of fun.

Could anyone tell me how the DVC Check in went when entering from the front of Epcot. Thanks!

DVC check-in was pretty seamless. We walked all the way to the left turnstiles - very end. There were special event signs. We got checked in by someone with an iPad. We had to show our DVC card in our digital wallet.

There was a very long line for people who didn’t have park reservations. They had to go to a special turnstile where only one person was working to be scanned in.

Because our reservation was after 2 and we’d already been to HS yesterday morning, we were treated like a regular hopper and didn’t have to wait in that long line. Just went through a regular turnstile after being checked in on the iPad.

Our ride reservation window was 3:30-4. When we got to the ride at 3:15, they were announcing anyone with a 3:30 window could come on in.

The line outside the ride was crazy long and hot! We waited outside about 30 minutes and then inside the building for another 30 minutes. Ride itself is great - we’re doing it again today on an AP preview.

Last edited:
Frustrating note for our AP preview today. We have a park pass for AK because that’s where we intended to go today. System added a park pass for Epcot for the preview (even though our preview window isn’t until 2).

At 7 this morning, the Genie system wouldn’t let me book passes before 2 pm at AK or Epcot. Treated it as though we were hopping for both parks and would only show us things after 2 pm for either park.

We have lunch reservations for AK today, so we’re headed to GS momentarily. I’m going to ask them to give me my FOP and KS passes I should have rightfully been able to book at 7 am. If not, I’m going to ask that Genie+ be refunded for today because it’s doing us zero good at the moment - we can’t book anything before 2 pm in any park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter