• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Getting nervous with people comparing this to space mt….
I can do Thunder, Everest, mine train & RNRC fine but Space for some reason just knocked the wind out of me the last time I rode it and I was glad it was the last ride I did at closing

Did any of you have one of the last time slots yesterday? I’m thinking that we may only get to ride once, is that correct?

Getting nervous with people comparing this to space mt….
I can do Thunder, Everest, mine train & RNRC fine but Space for some reason just knocked the wind out of me the last time I rode it and I was glad it was the last ride I did at closing
I know for me, I meant in terms of it being a dark indoor ride. It’s very smooth and easy to get into and out of unlike space mountain vehicles. It’s very smooth and the spins aren’t like tea cups, but gentle turns. If you can do Everest, you’ll be fine on this.

I loved the ride. My partner said never again. We came down the stairs and I 1000% thought he was going to hurl. He was not right all day. I think anyone prone to motion sickness is gonna have a real issue.

That said we need to start a thread for people whose partners/husbands/wife's are stomachaly challenged...or medically called...wienies....so we have people to ride with! I love my partner...and 20 years is a long time...almost 2 decades....but I wanna ride this going forward.
Aw man, that is a super accurate description of my husband after the (one and only forever) time he did Flight of Passage. I'm really afraid we'd have the same situation on GoG.

And about the "I have no one to ride with because my partner can't handle it" club - I'm down, lol!

Oof. An hour wait for one of us is going to be a challenge if the other can't leave the area for shade/air conditioning or another activity for our toddler. And that's assuming child swap will help the second person skip the long line like it normal does.

We are going Tuesday afternoon with a later slot (3-3:30)- I'm wondering if we should aim for the tail end of our slot in hopes the lines die down.
It was only maybe 15 minutes outside for us - we had the 2:00 time. the later you go, the more people because as new groups come in, you still have others from earlier slots staying and re-riding. Still it only took about 40 minutes to get through. You can shorten your wait a little by staying to the right in the beam up chamber - that side goes to the loading line first.

I’ve seen the comparisons and rankings of GotG vs other WDW coasters, but how does GotG compare to Mummy at Universal in terms of speed/intensity/motion sickness factor? I’m still trying to get a read on if I’ll be able to handle this, thanx!
It is not like mummy at all.

I had the 10 to 1030 this morning and we are being told only one ride. What a great ride, so fun!

We’re you DVC? How did they check in?
AP. They were checking us in at the ride. Only had to scan my magic band. There was a check in outside the international gateway but they were only checking in DVC there, AP was at the ride only.

Would you say it is more intense than Mummy?
Intense is difficult to define for a ride - Mummy whips you around, there is sudden acceleration and start/stops. GotG is smooth - the launch start is a little intense but the ride is is still smooth. the rotation of the car during various accelerations and twists/turns gives a different feeling than a standard forward facing cart on all other rides so you don't get the same type of inertia on your body. It's hard to describe - if your seated in the ride vehicle sitting sideways to the track but the ride is going forward and turning into a tight curve, you feel it in a different way, but then the vehicle is still moving so you then are backwards, then sideways the other direction all in the same curve so its different. I always come out of my seat on Mummy in a couple of places, and the tight curves and track bumps are intense in my opinion. GotG has none of that.

I had the 10 to 1030 this morning and we are being told only one ride. What a great ride, so fun!
Oh man! We have the same time slot on Sunday, was really hoping to ride a bunch of times like everyone else has reported. I hope they change back to how they were doing things this past weekend. Glad you enjoyed it!

I read about the single ride on FB, too, and am sorta glad as that will keep the line short. But I also get that some people were hoping for multiples like previous previews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter