• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I’ve seen a couple people compare to space mountain. Is it as jerky or more smooth? Just curious as I hate the jerkiness of space. Maybe because it’s right and jerky. Not sure why as something like dinosaur which jerks I don’t mind. It seems smoother than space I guess.
Smooth - far, FAR smoother than Space. I don’t think that’s a high bar, though.

Thanks everybody, and I'd love to hear more perspectives on motion sickness.

So far it sounds borderline for hubby, most likely too much for him, as I suspected it would be, but I really really hope he can ride it.

Notes, in the first pre-show room, do. Dont go all the way up against the line if you can. It's hard to see what's happening. Best viewing is center of room

For people who felt woozy or sick after they get off, how long before you felt okay? Is it the kind of thing where you feel sick the rest of the day or does it pass?

Such a fun and unique ride. No issues with motion sickness from anyone in my group. Our time was 3:00 today and we waited for about an hour and ten-ish minutes. Once we got off that ride, the queue was literally empty. We were able to zip back on multiple more times with no line at all…trains were going out about half full at the most. They finally shut it down a little after 5.

As others stated, they didn’t check IDs or confirmations, only scanned our magic bands.

I’ve seen a couple people compare to space mountain. Is it as jerky or more smooth? Just curious as I hate the jerkiness of space. Maybe because it’s right and jerky. Not sure why as something like dinosaur which jerks I don’t mind. It seems smoother than space I guess.

Super smooth! It’s like a 50 year newer Space ;)

No drops. It's all spinning and banked curves...which for me IS a high motion sickness cause. I can do drops all day long.

Very accurate. For me not as bad as Forbidden Journey (puke city) but I definitely felt a little drunk after, was fine in a few minutes. Hold onto the handrail exiting ;) Like the swishing back and forth on Mine Train but kicked up with some turning.

For those wondering about the spins, I don’t think they are free spinning like a mouse coaster, very cheorographed if that makes sense.

Oof. An hour wait for one of us is going to be a challenge if the other can't leave the area for shade/air conditioning or another activity for our toddler. And that's assuming child swap will help the second person skip the long line like it normal does.

We are going Tuesday afternoon with a later slot (3-3:30)- I'm wondering if we should aim for the tail end of our slot in hopes the lines die down.

Oof. An hour wait for one of us is going to be a challenge if the other can't leave the area for shade/air conditioning or another activity for our toddler. And that's assuming child swap will help the second person skip the long line like it normal does.

We are going Tuesday afternoon with a later slot (3-3:30)- I'm wondering if we should aim for the tail end of our slot in hopes the lines die down.
I’m worried about this too. Our spot is at 10 am on the 16th and we’ll want to leave Epcot by 12 at the latest to drive home. I’m really hoping they offer child swap. Please let us know how it goes for you.

Can anyone comment on the drop/stomach losing factor?
I loved the ride. My partner said never again. We came down the stairs and I 1000% thought he was going to hurl. He was not right all day. I think anyone prone to motion sickness is gonna have a real issue.

That said we need to start a thread for people whose partners/husbands/wife's are stomachaly challenged...or medically called...wienies....so we have people to ride with! I love my partner...and 20 years is a long time...almost 2 decades....but I wanna ride this going forward.

I’ve seen the comparisons and rankings of GotG vs other WDW coasters, but how does GotG compare to Mummy at Universal in terms of speed/intensity/motion sickness factor? I’m still trying to get a read on if I’ll be able to handle this, thanx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter