• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

2 rides in an hour. The 12:30 and 1:00 people have joined the line, and it went down when we’re in line on the second ride, so there’s quite an extended no shade back and forth que going on now. I would guess at least 20+ minutes out in the sun before getting into the building.

We rode two times in a little over one hour. Got in line at 11:50, rode twice, grabbed a drink, got lost on the way to Riverside, and are now sitting in our room.

We rode two times in a little over one hour. Got in line at 11:50, rode twice, grabbed a drink, got lost on the way to Riverside, and are now sitting in our room.
So you can ride as many times as possible in an hour, or can you take a break and come back? I assume you can’t ride all day like the media people did?

Can someone who's ridden comment on the motion sickness factor?

Asking for my hubby - for context, he can handle the brief motion simulator on RotR, but he can't do Star Tours. In terms of coaster action, he enjoys Seven Dwarves and can sometimes handle Expedition Everest and Dinosaur, but never Space Mountain or Big Thunder.

Asking for my hubby - for context, he can handle the brief motion simulator on RotR, but he can't do Star Tours. In terms of coaster action, he enjoys Seven Dwarves and can sometimes handle Expedition Everest and Dinosaur, but never Space Mountain or Big Thunder.

It DiD make me sick and that was with having taken a meclizine last night. But worth it.

We rode today at the 12pm AP preview. We went to the check in point at 11:30 and there were other guests milling about and CMs were saying they weren't letting guests check in until 12pm. We moved back a bit so we weren't cutting those who were already there milling about and then a line began forming behind us that stretched back to Club Cool. We were maybe 10th in line and at 11:45 they let us in.

They weren't checking ID'S or emails or anything. Just scanning magic bands. They scanned us both and in we went. We could have wandered around out front by the ship but we went right in line where we walked straight through to nearly the pre-show.

Then we rode. FANTASTIC COASTER!!

We could have gotten right back on buy when we exited, the line now extended well outside the building and we had to leave for home by 1pm.

It has a good reride factor and I'm sure when it officially opens it will be THE new hotness and nigh impossible to get a VQ or iLL$ for.

It did make my motion sickness act up...but iy was worth it.

I’d describe it as Space Mountain on steroids. It didn’t make me sick at all (Star Tours does make me sick on occasion, and I can handle EE once; if I try it a second time, I’ll lose it), but I don’t have issues with Space. It’s on a track, but the vehicle itself moves as well. I don’t want to say anymore for fear of spoilers, but know there is a lot of movement happening.

So you can ride as many times as possible in an hour, or can you take a break and come back? I assume you can’t ride all day like the media people did?
I don’t think they’ll kick you out (and your time slot is half hour, not an hour), but if you do leave the area, you will not be allowed back in, so ride as many time as you’d like while in there.

I don’t think they’ll kick you out (and your time slot is half hour, not an hour), but if you do leave the area, you will not be allowed back in, so ride as many time as you’d like while in there.
Thanks! We will have to see how it goes. DH loves coasters but does get some motion sickness (like FOP). He is going to take Dramamine before, but 2 rides in 30 minutes may be too close together for him. I’m excited but kind of scared. Ive never done Space or Everest, but hopefully the smoothness and lack of big drops/going upside down will be OK for me

Thanks! We will have to see how it goes. DH loves coasters but does get some motion sickness (like FOP). He is going to take Dramamine before, but 2 rides in 30 minutes may be too close together for him. I’m excited but kind of scared. Ive never done Space or Everest, but hopefully the smoothness and lack of big drops/going upside down will be OK for me
Sorry, I meant, you aren’t structured with time - not that you have to ride within the 30 minutes time frame. You need to enter within the 30 minute time period, but once inside, I don’t think there are any parameters for how long you can stay. People are stating they rode twice in an hour just to state how long it took, not that’s how long we had inside the ride area.

Did anyone get on rides photos from today yet? Haven’t had any show up.

Also, anyone that has a separate park pass for a different park, your genie plus will convert all your times until after 2 for both parks. We arrived at Hollywood studios early and thought it might let us book after we tapped in, but it still went to after 2. We went to Epcot at 10a and thought it might recognize that we were there after entering the park, but still moved all times to after two. We had to have guest services book all of them for us until actual park hopping time. Good if you are stacking for afternoon/evening though!

We just got off and I loved it. I was honestly terrified going in but it’s like space mountain just better. It did make me wobbly and a little sick afterwards so it’s most likely a once a day ride for me.

It took us an hour to go through the queue.

We just got off and I loved it. I was honestly terrified going in but it’s like space mountain just better. It did make me wobbly and a little sick afterwards so it’s most likely a once a day ride for me.

It took us an hour to go through the queue.
Wow an hour is kind of a long wait

Did anyone get on rides photos from today yet? Haven’t had any show up.

Also, anyone that has a separate park pass for a different park, your genie plus will convert all your times until after 2 for both parks. We arrived at Hollywood studios early and thought it might let us book after we tapped in, but it still went to after 2. We went to Epcot at 10a and thought it might recognize that we were there after entering the park, but still moved all times to after two. We had to have guest services book all of them for us until actual park hopping time. Good if you are stacking for afternoon/evening though!
No photos for me. Just my photo from Frozen for today.

We were in the 1:00 group, got in line at 12:50 and it was about 50 minutes until we exited. The ride is so much fun, but I can see how the motion could be a little much for people who are sensitive. I was a little wobbly after as well, but it went away quickly. They need to do a little better managing the pre-show(s) rooms I thought, but I'm sure it'll get a rhythm. I didn't try and ride again, but I think we could have.

I’ve seen a couple people compare to space mountain. Is it as jerky or more smooth? Just curious as I hate the jerkiness of space. Maybe because it’s right and jerky. Not sure why as something like dinosaur which jerks I don’t mind. It seems smoother than space I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter