• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I wonder what's going on over at DVCnews... after they told people it was a scam.

I specifically commented on their post about how the preview really was at 9am after they initially said it was a scam and here was their response...

"In light of DVC's denials and lack of direct info as of 11:42pm last night, it would have been irresponsible to withhold comment. As soon as it became clear that registration was happening today, we did our best to get the word out. Zero regrets about how we handled it. We share everyone's frustration over the missing and incorrect information provided by Disney."

I specifically commented on their post about how the preview really was at 9am after they initially said it was a scam and here was their response...

"In light of DVC's denials and lack of direct info as of 11:42pm last night, it would have been irresponsible to withhold comment. As soon as it became clear that registration was happening today, we did our best to get the word out. Zero regrets about how we handled it. We share everyone's frustration over the missing and incorrect information provided by Disney."
Wow

Got May 9 for DVC, I was #277 and went to 0 in less than 2 minutes! Much better than Remi where I was over 2000! Thanks for everyone’s help, we couldn’t have done it without you all! My husband will love it, I didn’t get a ticket because the whole reverse launch thingy will make me sick, Expedition Everest ruined me….🤢
I got stuck on my phone - Mountain time and was having to be at work on time that day. Thank goodness I had alerted my son the day before. He is in Central and was already at work, so he did it. Couldn't believe, he was #80 in the que and got in immediately. Was able to secure for up to 5 on the DVC site for May 18.

You misunderstood. It wasn't made public, it was discovered by someone on these boards who kept playing around. The AP address was public and a reused link, but not the DVC one.
DVC was not announced at all. Member Services was telling people the link was fake and that the info on the site was incorrect.

Well I knew the date and time it was opening the day before because it was all over the internet on various sources - and I wasn't even looking for it, so it would have been hard to miss - but I did not see it here, but I will believe you that it originated here.

Well I knew the date and time it was opening the day before because it was all over the internet on various sources - and I wasn't even looking for it, so it would have been hard to miss - but I did not see it here, but I will believe you that it originated here.
The conversations are all here in this thread. I guess that's great for you that you saw it all over the internet. I saw it here and on sites that said it wasn't real.

I only went there because the previous poster did- suggesting APs should get this because they have invested so much into being AP holders. Nobody is buying an AP to invest in the parks or as a loyalty to Disney, they are doing it because it gives them a discount over buying individual tickets. That is fine, I've done it too, but it's not a reason to expect even more free stuff, just like DVC and D23 aren't really a reason to expect things that aren't explicitly part of the deal.

For the record, DVC didn't get "emails at each step with time and date to book", DVC had the same shoddy email service APs got- most seem to have been left out completely and there was no notice of dates or when to book. When the link was found, member services was apparently telling people it wasn't real. I don't know if anyone who is DVC but not AP got the emails, I'm not sure if anyone polled that, but I know some AP non-DVC did get emails.
I am DVC and not an AP and I got both emails. The sign up one hit my inbox at 9:11 Eastern time. We didn't have a trip planned and we live in Colorado, so I wasn't trying to book, but I got all of the communication.

I guess I got super lucky. I didn't know the date the reservation email was coming until I got the email at 9:16 am. I got the previous email that said soon, but that's all I knew.

I am DVC and not an AP and I got both emails. The sign up one hit my inbox at 9:11 Eastern time. We didn't have a trip planned and we live in Colorado, so I wasn't trying to book, but I got all of the communication.
Thank you, I've been wondering what the general distribution was. I need to figure out how to get on their list of people they invite.:confused3

Good afternoon! Are we able to bring a guest to our preview? I noticed it had an option to bring people. Do they have to be DVC or AP members to participate?
Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon! Are we able to bring a guest to our preview? I noticed it had an option to bring people. Do they have to be DVC or AP members to participate?
Thanks in advance.
For APs, yes everyone in your party needs to have a valid AP for the day you are going (no blockout days). For DVC I believe it's everyone that is registered to the DVC room you are in during the preview.

For APs, yes everyone in your party needs to have a valid AP for the day you are going (no blockout days). For DVC I believe it's everyone that is registered to the DVC room you are in during the preview.
For DVC you had to select the number of people attending during registration. You did not need to list names, just number of guests.

For DVC you had to select the number of people attending during registration. You did not need to list names, just number of guests.
Yes, i selected 5 as I wasnt clear if i was able to bring guest that are non-dvc. so as long as I am DVC and at or under the number i registered we will be good? Thanks again!

Yes, i selected 5 as I wasnt clear if i was able to bring guest that are non-dvc. so as long as I am DVC and at or under the number i registered we will be good? Thanks again!
Yep, just bring your digital membership card, ID and email with the registration. Everyone needs a park ticket though it said a reservation for EPCOT wasn’t necessary.

Does anyone have a list or remember what other rides had AP previews? We did previews for FoP and Remy, but it seems to me there were other ones.
SWGE had one however it was only for top tier passholders…toy story land might of had one as well but Honestly long time AP and just never got emails in a timely fashion if at all prior to ratatouille

SWGE had one however it was only for top tier passholders…toy story land might of had one as well but Honestly long time AP and just never got emails in a timely fashion if at all prior to ratatouille

There were two or three AP previews that were gold and higher. Pandora had one, as well as new fantasyland. I am trying to remember toy story land and mickey Minnie railway, they may have also been gold and higher.

Does anyone have a list or remember what other rides had AP previews? We did previews for FoP and Remy, but it seems to me there were other ones.
The only AP previews we've had in the last decade were Pandora (all AP levels), Galaxy's Edge [the land and MF:SR] (Platinum and above), Remy (all levels), and GOTG (all levels).

The past-previous ride openings were the re-do of Test Track, which had no previews, and New Fantasyland, which had AP preview days scheduled, but they ended up soft-opening it to the public before they took place. (7DMT opened later, and only had a media preview.)

Before that, AP previews were mostly minor stuff like Captain EO's return, the refurb of the Hall of Presidents, the return of the Electrical parade, new fireworks, etc. I think the most notable AP preview for a ride back then was Toy Story Mania in 2008.

(Maybe the biggest tell in all of that - they didn't really open anything major for a long time, prior to Pandora.)

Toy Story Land only had a short round of CM previews, and I think they were limited to Slinky Dog. They had special AP-limited periods that September, weeks after it opened to the public. (The rumors were that they were behind schedule on getting it finished, which made AP previews impossible.)

Same for MMRR - there were ten days of CM previews, no AP previews. (I can only speculate on this one, but I'm guessing they wanted to get it open before Spring Break and ran out of time.)

ROTR only had a media preview - no CM or AP previews. (Same - I think they just didn't have time.)

The only AP previews we've had in the last decade were Pandora (all AP levels), Galaxy's Edge [the land and MF:SR] (Platinum and above), Remy (all levels), and GOTG (all levels).

The past-previous ride openings were the re-do of Test Track, which had no previews, and New Fantasyland, which had AP preview days scheduled, but they ended up soft-opening it to the public before they took place. (7DMT opened later, and only had a media preview.)

Before that, AP previews were mostly minor stuff like Captain EO's return, the refurb of the Hall of Presidents, the return of the Electrical parade, new fireworks, etc. I think the most notable AP preview for a ride back then was Toy Story Mania in 2008.

(Maybe the biggest tell in all of that - they didn't really open anything major for a long time, prior to Pandora.)

Toy Story Land only had a short round of CM previews, and I think they were limited to Slinky Dog. They had special AP-limited periods that September, weeks after it opened to the public. (The rumors were that they were behind schedule on getting it finished, which made AP previews impossible.)

Same for MMRR - there were ten days of CM previews, no AP previews. (I can only speculate on this one, but I'm guessing they wanted to get it open before Spring Break and ran out of time.)

ROTR only had a media preview - no CM or AP previews. (Same - I think they just didn't have time.)
I was invited to a CM preview for TSL and rose both rides, but I know that *** had some issues so maybe it didn’t happen all the days.

Your post was such an interesting read about how all the different rides/lands were handled!! Thank you for compiling that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter