• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Honestly I think it’s a pretty poor experience to make it so competitive. I feel like there should be enough spots available for most APs to ride it and just have it as a perk that happens before attraction openings.
Signing up to ride the Mardi Gras float at universal is even worse! I missed that one. Guess I’m just used to it. It’s never bothered me

When Iron Gwazi opened at Busch Gardens, they had AP previews and all you had to do was show up. No reservation of any kind needed. They also timed it out across a month by having the highest tier passholders come first then slowly let the other tiers in. Maybe Disney should try this.

That wouldn't work out though, think of the figment popcorn bucket, enough said.

When Iron Gwazi opened at Busch Gardens, they had AP previews and all you had to do was show up. No reservation of any kind needed. They also timed it out across a month by having the highest tier passholders come first then slowly let the other tiers in. Maybe Disney should try this.
Right, this is a great example of how it could work. I feel like Disney has mastered the art of artificial scarcity to drive FOMO and it feels pretty crummy as the target audience for the end product.

I’m definitely going to try and get into the preview but it’s another one of those things that just doesn’t have to be this complicated.

Right, this is a great example of how it could work. I feel like Disney has mastered the art of artificial scarcity to drive FOMO and it feels pretty crummy as the target audience for the end product.

I’m definitely going to try and get into the preview but it’s another one of those things that just doesn’t have to be this complicated.

Agreed. And, quite truthfully, I will thoroughly enjoy a less-crowded Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom when GotG opens.

Just don’t act like Disney is alone in the first come system. They didn’t event it nor the only ones to use it

That wouldn't work out though, think of the figment popcorn bucket, enough said.
The popcorn bucket still had scarcity though. If people knew it would be available after the first shipment I don’t think you’d have seen as long of a line.

The popcorn bucket still had scarcity though. If people knew it would be available after the first shipment I don’t think you’d have seen as long of a line.

Yes but the mentality will still be they want to ride it first so the first days of previews would be nuts.

the link at the top of the forum is a "backdoor" link

Even though it’s the actual link they’ll release, using it before the notices go out is essentially using it as a backdoor

Yes. The link goes live before it is announced as open. Anyone with the link can get in and reserve ahead of time.

Signing up to ride the Mardi Gras float at universal is even worse! I missed that one. Guess I’m just used to it. It’s never bothered me

I was able to get mine quite easily but I signed up the first day, didn't need a weekend and was willing to take later date. All weekends were gone super fast. But sadly had to cancel because real life got in the way. Someday.

Yes. The link goes live before it is announced as open. Anyone with the link can get in and reserve ahead of time.

I was able to get mine quite easily but I signed up the first day, didn't need a weekend and was willing to take later date. All weekends were gone super fast. But sadly had to cancel because real life got in the way. Someday.
All dates were gone super fast. Not just weekends. All of them. We would have taken anything. I was helping my mom and missed the notice and checked a few hours after the email, 3, 4 maybe. It was booked solid. At least they did release cancellations back for rebooking. I checked constantly for days and finally found a spot open up. I kept checking for a second spot and never found one

All dates were gone super fast. Not just weekends. All of them. We would have taken anything. I was helping my mom and missed the notice and checked a few hours after the email, 3, 4 maybe. It was booked solid. At least they did release cancellations back for rebooking. I checked constantly for days and finally found a spot open up. I kept checking for a second spot and never found one
I was one who had issues with the system not recognizing I was a valid passholder I sent an email and got a call about two weeks later and they signed us up on the day and time I wanted. I was rather surprised.

Interesting. I booked about 4-5 hours after it was announced, expecting a fail and I could see most of March (no weekends) and all April (no weekends). I was shocked to have so many choices. Wonder if it matters what kind of AP you have or your address (local vs overnighter).

But I've actually given up trying to figure out how these parks figure out half the stuff they do.

Last edited:
I was one who had issues with the system not recognizing I was a valid passholder I sent an email and got a call about two weeks later and they signed us up on the day and time I wanted. I was rather surprised.
Nice. I tried appealing to guest services. All I got was an I’m sorry you did get your notice in time

Interesting. I booked about 4-5 hours after it was announced, expecting a fail and I could see most of March (no weekends) and all April (no weekends). I was shocked to have so much choices. Wonder if it matters what kind of AP you have or your address (local vs overnighter).

But I've actually given up trying to figure out how these parks figure out half the stuff they do.
Possible. Though we’ve got the highest tier they offer. The one with free express and HHN. But you can look at the Facebook from those dates and see it was gone for everyone there. Post after post on it

Possible. Though we’ve got the highest tier they offer. The one with free express and HHN. But you can look at the Facebook from those dates and see it was gone for everyone there. Post after post on it

I don’t know, all I know is my experience.

With them and Disney we have to be logged in to access the special events - perhaps they do have some kind of algorithm that determines what we are offered.

Does anyone have a feeling for what might be the most likely preview dates?
Some have noticed that the AP dates are gone for Epcot on May 16, 18, 19, 20, 21 which means Disney has pulled some Reservations back to account for the ones they'll assign to AP's with preview spots
That's very few dates though, most previews have been more than 5 days so I'd like to think it's more than those dates. Who knows why those are now gone. Maybe some AP think they need to book reservations too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter