Got the Disney Blues :(

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
We went to WDW in 2015 and we can't afford to go back until 2020 so to get me through, I'm going to start doing dummy bookings for prices.

Am I right in thinking that the free dining offer for 2018 (if it happens) will be released at the end of this month?

We are looking at a split stay between OKW and Cabana Bay at the end of October for 2 weeks.

Just 1350 days to go.

Am I right in thinking that the free dining offer for 2018 (if it happens) will be released at the end of this month?
Yep, released at the start of March
It'll pass before you know it ;-)

Last edited:
We went to WDW in 2015 and we can't afford to go back until 2020 so to get me through, I'm going to start doing dummy bookings for prices.

We are looking at a split stay between OKW and Cabana Bay at the end of October for 2 weeks.

Just 1350 days to go.

i know the feeling!!!
the last time we went as a family was in 2011 (DD and her husband have been a few times since then, but DS and his family haven't been since 2011)..

this year (woohoo) is our first time back for all of us together (6 adults 2 kidlets).....
so 2011 to 2017, that's 6 years...

given how very very very expensive this trip is (i'm in the midst of booking our ADRs right now), i figure it will be another 6 years before we can afford to go again....

but as the previous poster wrote, it does go faster than you'd think...

and we're pulling out all the stops for this trip (you never know what life will bring so we may as well live it up while we can!!).

we're doing the UK free dining package....it's expensive, but when i crunched the numbers of taking a cheaper place, it didn't really work out to being that much cheaper....and this will be nice...so may as well...
if we can only go every 6 years, we may as well do it right!!! :)

I would love to go more frequently but as a family of 5 (Disney adults) and being tied to the school holidays (I teach), it works out pretty expensive. I can't believe the hike in Universal ticket prices but I really want to do both Disney and Universal like we did last time. I also like to stay onsite and am hoping for the free dining again.

I'll keep doing dummy bookings until I can book the real thing.

We have 5 and a half months to wait and it's going soooooo slowly. Ive been selling some disney things so disney is in my head the whole day, its making it draaaagggg xx

Lol, look at my countdown, it will make you feel better.

Quite simply, I feel that pain.

Seriously considering public humiliation by going on the Ant and Dec show to try to win a trip.
I hate waiting but I have to as I am too poor.

Well if you are planning on staying on-property, remember that one of the resort hotels will be undergoing massive renos and construction for the next two years. You don't wanna be anywhere near that disaster. ;) People re-booking hotels, crowds dispersing in ways that may impact your vacation, loss of certain restaurants and menu items....

this is how I'm pushing back MY Disney Blues anyhow! ;) Reminding myself of what could impact or affect my "perfect getaway"!

I feel your pain!

We went in November and really starting to get the Disney blues now :sad:

I'm waiting for free dining to come out ( fingers crossed it does ) to do a dummy run for booking next year, if free dining continues.

We are hopefully going to Lapland this year ( last year possible with 2 little ones ) so Disney is going to have to wait but it's so hard cause the cost of Lapland would be a massive chunk towards Disney.

I'm there with the pain. Just got back last month and have enjoyed 10 trips in 10 years but DS starts Uni in September so bye bye money, bye bye Disney...... I'm not planning to go back until 2020 so might currently be winning the long countdown However, even given how slow Disney can be Im hoping Toy Story Land should be ready by then. Then DD will be at Uni so we will be in for another long wait.......

Just 1350 days to go.
I think they are out now, so...Have fun planning.
It really goes quicker than you think.
We got married in WDW in 2010, and took DS for Christmas in 2011 (he is autistic, and had such a good time during our wedding, and he was scared of all things Christmas - he learnt to enjoy christmas by being at WDW)
We have not been back (honestly, it is SOOOOO expensive) since then.
But, now, we are going in December, and our DS will be 11, and we now have a DD who will be 4.5, so, I am pretty sure this will be our last WDW trip...But the time has gone really quickly.

Can I ask what your budget is. Would you rather go more budget/value and more frequently or luxury and wait 3 more years.

One of our best trips ever was a week at pop century and last minute flights with thomson. £2000 all in excl tickets for a family of four.

Can I ask what your budget is. Would you rather go more budget/value and more frequently or luxury and wait 3 more years.

One of our best trips ever was a week at pop century and last minute flights with thomson. £2000 all in excl tickets for a family of four.

I have ruined it for myself by staying at OKW twice and having free Disney dining. We also stayed at Hard Rock at Universal. As a family of 5, it's always going to be an expensive trip as so few places accommodate 5 and I could not cope with being in one room for 2 weeks. We are also tied to the school holidays as I am a teacher, bumping up the price even more. So the short answer is, I'd rather have luxury and convenience.

I think my maximum budget will be £10k, hoping to include: indirect flights, 1 week at OKW with free Disney Dining, 1 week at Cabana Bay and Universal. Keeping everything crossed.

If it makes you feel any better I'm going to have an even longer countdown, I'm not planning on going back until 2021 when both WDW and I will have significant birthdays! ;)

If it makes you feel any better I'm going to have an even longer countdown, I'm not planning on going back until 2021 when both WDW and I will have significant birthdays! ;)

It will be my 50th in 2020, hence the trip. My youngest daughter was born on October 1st, so we will have to return to celebrate her 18th in 2024 as she shares her birthday with WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter