• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got our verandahs and saved $1000!!!!

vgaskin

Mouseketeer
I am on cloud nine. 7 of us are going on the 11/22 W. Carribean Magic Thanksgiving cruise. We had connecting category 10's. They were very expensive because it is a holiday cruise and it is skipping Key West and going to CC twice! We paid it off earlier this month. Well last night, i saw someone on this board post that there were specials on this cruise. I was told that there would probably not be any specials or Florida Resident rates on this cruise because it should sell out early. Well I had noticed it didn't seem to be selling very fast. I emailed my travel agent last night, and had determined we would save $1300 on mom's cabin (they are Fl residents and have my daughter in their room). Well my travel agent called this morning and did some switiching around with people(we have connecting so we will be like a suite anyway) and we are getting a $3840 credit back on our card!!!!!! We do loose our $100 per stateroom bounce back offer but who cares! So we decided to upgrade to connecting category 5's and instead of getting the $3840 back we will get over $1000 back. I get my verandah!!!!!! And money back to boot. We are going to put in on as stateroom credit to pay for our tips and some excursions. So this will be an affordable trip after all. Can't wait! Upgraded(well sorta) and money back!

I think there is some type of even in Key west that week that prevents them from going there. It is not permanent. Just an occasional thing.

I think this is why, I am not sure. Someone said something about a regatta or something. They also did this earlier this year I believe.

American Power Boat Association World Championship
November 17 -23rd. We would normally be there on 11/23.

Well that's pretty awesome!

Congratulations! The verandah is so wonderful! (Look for rainbows!)

That is wonderful news for you. Isn't great when everything fall together.

Have a Wonderful, Magical trip.

congratulations... that is great news... enjoy that verandah AND the extra $$

World championship events for giant powerboats. The port of Key West is closed that weekend for the event. I've been to Key West a couple times. I'd rather go to Castaway Cay twice rather than visit Key West as a cruise passenger anyway.

vgaskin,
you will be very pleased that you "upgraded" to a cat. 5. the verandah is wonderful! 2 trips to CC...that sounds heavenly!
enjoy! jan lyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter