Got our GV for the 4 of us!

Luckyyyyy! I feel decadent getting a two bedroom standard during a peak week for four of us. At least there is no fighting over bathrooms. ;)

Count me in on the no living room sleepers club. We did that once at SSR when the kids were a tween and a teen, and it made me nuts trying to get them up in the morning and move them into our room.

If you decide to cook a turkey, I'll give you my cell number--in case you have leftovers you need to get rid of. :joker:

Of course, it means weekend points for the GV, but I really love the idea that both our adult offspring get their own bedroom and bathroom at OKW, and we will have the whole downstairs to ourselves!;)

I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

Hawaii soon and then a GV later. You know how to live large!!! Enjoy. Hoping for trip reports.

As a family of 4, we were completley happy with the studios until we tried the 2BR - now we are spoiled!!

I am afraid to even THINK of booking a GV for just the 4 of us!!

Hope you enjoy!!!

My family is doing four in a GV and another four in a two bedroom. We really wanted to do one GV to save points, but my BIL had a laundry list of concerns about him and his wife and two toddlers staying in the GV in one of the second bedrooms with the rest of us. The points are there, so they are going to be in a two bedroom while MIL, BIL, SIL, and myself will be in the GV.

It is a little infuriating from a point perspective, but it will be AMAZING to have all of the space. Also, at one point in the week my FIL and DH will join us, so for a few nights we'll have six in the room.

My SIL and I will share one room, and my BIL will have a room to himself. When my DH comes he'll either join my BIL in the "boy" room, or my SIL will move to the second bedroom (she and BIL are close and don't think it would be weird, he visits her a lot at her apartments and sleeps on her floor, so they are kinda used to it-it would be weird for me to room with my brother, but everyone is different!)

This way no one will have to sleep on the couch. That will be nice on the days that FIL is there, because he gets up super early. It will also be nice to have the larger dining table.

schoen said:
My family is doing four in a GV and another four in a two bedroom. We really wanted to do one GV to save points, but my BIL had a laundry list of concerns about him and his wife and two toddlers staying in the GV in one of the second bedrooms with the rest of us. The points are there, so they are going to be in a two bedroom while MIL, BIL, SIL, and myself will be in the GV.

It is a little infuriating from a point perspective, but it will be AMAZING to have all of the space.

They "need" a 2 BR for 2 adults & 2 toddlers!?!!!!? I can see them wanting their own space, but God a one bed would suffice, especially as they aren't HIS points being used, right?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

DannysMom said:
They "need" a 2 BR for 2 adults & 2 toddlers!?!!!!? I can see them wanting their own space, but God a one bed would suffice, especially as they aren't HIS points being used, right?

My thoughts exactly!

LOL believe me, you are preaching to the choir on this one! I am actively working on letting go of my anger about the whole thing actually. I am also considering not going on the trip because I am so angry about the whole thing. My DH keeps reminding me that this decision has NOTHING to do with me, which is true. It is between my MIL and FIL and my BIL.

I can certainly understand wanting their own two bedroom, but I am a little perplexed that they have the audacity to actually request it, and dig their heels in on it. The reality is though, that the points ARE there. My in-laws don't go very often, only every five years or so.

My DH and I use their points a few times a year, so no one is too concerned that this might mean one less trip for us!

:faint::faint: Was thinking the same thing

Amazing how "guests" can make it all about them, isn't it? If they aren't paying anything for that stay they have no right to dictate ANYTHING. When we have guests, they sleep where we say, not where they say. When they shell out the money, they can say, but not when I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter