Got in the FastPass line for Test Track at 11:05 this morning......

If the reason was that the ride went down, there's nothing anyone can do about it, except make an announcement about it.

I can't speak for the OP but on the day my friend was there, there was no ride disruption, no ride issues, the FP+ return line was literally that long that it was longer than the standby line.

I can't speak for the OP but on the day my friend was there, there was no ride disruption, no ride issues, the FP+ return line was literally that long that it was longer than the standby line.

I'll have to take your/their word for it, but unless you are in view of the ride vehicles you really don't know if there are disruptions or not. Even if the actual FP wait was longer than the posted standby wait, a disruption would likely cause the actual standby wait to be longer than the posted wait too.

Unless that long wait for the FP line is now typical, I don't see how it can be blamed on FP+. If that kind of wait is typical, I think we would be hearing about it.

When we were there last week (11/25) we waited about 20 min just to get into the FP line at TT around 11am (ie to the first checkpoint where you show your paper FP or scan your bands). We had time for me to take the kids over to the outside vehicle and take pictures and take pics near the sign out front etc, just waiting in line to get into the FP line. It took another 20-25 min after that point so yes, 40-45 min to redeem a fastpass.

Despite all other views here my two girls (ages 9 and 11) loved the vehicle design part of the new test track and they loved having their designs compete against each other. They liked the old test track but they loved the new one!

This happened to us today!!!
30 minutes in fp line. We went through the standby rooms not the regular fp rooms.
It was horrible!
Will try again later in the week.
Standby was 40 mins.

When we were there last week (11/25) we waited about 20 min just to get into the FP line at TT around 11am (ie to the first checkpoint where you show your paper FP or scan your bands). We had time for me to take the kids over to the outside vehicle and take pictures and take pics near the sign out front etc, just waiting in line to get into the FP line. It took another 20-25 min after that point so yes, 40-45 min to redeem a fastpass.

Despite all other views here my two girls (ages 9 and 11) loved the vehicle design part of the new test track and they loved having their designs compete against each other. They liked the old test track but they loved the new one!

We were there the same week and we also waited about 20 minutes with our fast pass +. Most standby wait times were 120 minutes plus. I think the single rider wait time was listed for about 35 minutes.

My only complaint is with the design room. I seriously wish that you could skip it all together. Oh, and how the merge everyone together allowing those who were behind you to jump ahead. I have always hated that. Other than that I still like Test track, even the updates that were made.

TT is notorious for FP line backups. Fifty minutes is extreme and definitely not the norm. To be fair though, this has nothing to do with FP+. Legacy FP users would have the same wait the OP did.

To be fair though, this has nothing to do with FP+. Legacy FP users would have the same wait the OP did.

No, not at all. It has everything to do with the redesigned queue and design aspect, regardless of which FP is used.

Maybe it's just me....but I can't help but notice my surroundings on the outside portion of the ride.

tt_zps21ac0c83.jpg

Where I live it was 69 degrees today....tomorrow is 29 with snow and sleet. I can get the same effect you like by going out at lunch and driving 65 mph down the highway while sticking my head out of the window. I just think they could have incorporated some really cool effects, but to each their own. ;)

I didn't mean that riding it when it's cold is the only thing I like about the outdoor portion.It's not cold most of the year so obviously I ride it in hot or warm weather most of the time and I think that being outside increases the sense of speed,inside it wouldn't feel the same.As far as the visible surroundings I don't dislike what you see but it Is a bit boring so maybe they could've gone halfway and leave it outdoors but add some special effects,you have rollercoasters like X2 which incorporate things like fireballs to the ride.I'm sure Disney could've added something unique while keeping that section outdoors.

TT does have a lot of breakdowns. I remember once being in the loading area about one cycle away from boarding for about 30 minutes because the ride shut down. It's very possible that something like that was going on

I was going to say the same thing. As much as I like to stomp my feet over fastpass+.. Test Track is always breaking down and I've been stuck in the fastpass line several times before fastpass+.

maybe they could've gone halfway and leave it outdoors but add some special effects,you have rollercoasters like X2 which incorporate things like fireballs to the ride.I'm sure Disney could've added something unique while keeping that section outdoors.

I would agree with that.:thumbsup2 They could have done something to spice it up. It doesn't flow with the updated "Tron" look they created inside.

FP+ doesn't change the capacity of the ride. The total number of FP+ and FP- slots now is the same as the number of FP- slots a few months ago (pre-FP+).

There is more likely another element at play. Was there a temporary interruption in the ride? Did the CM give too much preference to the SB line? Giving an hour FP window guarantees that there will occasionally be "constructive interference" between the waves of FP riders which will overwhelm capacity for a period of time.

For example, imagine that everyone that had a valid FP that included 10:30a showed up at that precise minute. The first person would get right on the ride and the last person (who only showed up 60 seconds later) would get on in about an hour later.

How do you know the total number of FP slots are the same? If the ratio tips to more FP slots, then FP line slows down and gets longer. Disney needs more FP slots. They may have added them.

On the other hand, the merge point is not ideal on TT.

We have a FP for test Track this morning at 9:10. I'll report back on our wait. Yesterday in the studios we had 1-2 minute waits in the FP lines for Rock'n Roller coaster and Toy Story.

Denise

We ran into a similar snag in October. The FP line at TT was out the door. I thought maybe it was just a backup at the first MB scanner. But nope, the line was clear through to the inside. We stood there for about 15 minutes without moving. Another couple worked their way out of the line and said that they had been in line for 45 minutes and hadn't gotten any farther than just inside the door. We bailed.

This may or may not have been a result of the FP+ system. A couple years ago we had a 45 minutes wait in the FP line at TSMM and there was no FP+ then. There could have been a lot of other factors involved as well. Just my .02 . . .

If the reason was that the ride went down, there's nothing anyone can do about it, except make an announcement about it.

They can certainly offer to give me an extra FP since I'd consider this one wasted. I don't think that' sand unreasonable expectation.

They can certainly offer to give me an extra FP since I'd consider this one wasted. I don't think that' sand unreasonable expectation.

Like a lot of things, if you think you have a reasonable request, you probably have to ask for it. If you had talked to a CM after you got off and explained why you were upset, they might have given you one of those courtesy FPs that a lot of them carry around.

I remember once being stuck on IASW at DL for about 45 minutes. When they finally got us off, they gave everyone a FP to use on any ride, but when I said that I thought we deserved more than that because we had missed the better part of an hour of prime morning touring time and would have been able to do more than one ride in that time, they gave us two FP's each.

I also got vouchers for a round trip flight from Air Tran when I sent a letter complaining about being stuck in the airport for 8 hours past our scheduled departure by a mechanical problem. My biggest complaint was about the inaccurate information we were given.

My attitude is that it never hurts to ask.

We had a similar thing happen to us in August. We had ridden TT through the single rider line early in the day with no issue. When we went back around 11:30 with our fastpasses the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. After waiting 20 minutes and still not entering the building we decided to skip it. The ride was operational throughout this time. I'm hoping this is abnormal but there is obviously more than one instance in which this is happening.

Like a lot of things, if you think you have a reasonable request, you probably have to ask for it. If you had talked to a CM after you got off and explained why you were upset, they might have given you one of those courtesy FPs that a lot of them carry around.

I remember once being stuck on IASW at DL for about 45 minutes. When they finally got us off, they gave everyone a FP to use on any ride, but when I said that I thought we deserved more than that because we had missed the better part of an hour of prime morning touring time and would have been able to do more than one ride in that time, they gave us two FP's each.

I also got vouchers for a round trip flight from Air Tran when I sent a letter complaining about being stuck in the airport for 8 hours past our scheduled departure by a mechanical problem. My biggest complaint was about the inaccurate information we were given.

My attitude is that it never hurts to ask.

I agree. If it's a reasonable request, you can generally get a positive result.

That is not cool at all. But in all honesty, TT is notorious for being a slow loader.

This. I'm not surprised at all actually. TT with the new queue and all the nonsense with the car they make you design in what holds up that line. I'm sure FP+ has a little to do with it, but I don't think it's the only thing holding up that line.

We waited quite a while back in early November, but it seems as it's the ride queue rather than FP. As PP said, you get mixed in with everybody before you design the cars and it was a long wait to get into the design room, so FP+ or - wouldn't have mattered at all.
We loved FP+ and Magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter