• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

got back yesterday, group of 12

Grmnshplvr

DIS Veteran
Hello there! we just got back from a fantastic trip yesterday. our dates were 8/26-9/02 we stayed at Port Orleans FQ. Just wanted to write a quick update

The weather, wasn't bad at all low 90s, mostly overcast and some rain in the afternoon as expected. We had 1 day that was almost a wash out but we kept on going. It really wasn't that hot at all, better tha previous trips.

The crowds, very low..most waits were 20 mins or less...many times we just walked on rides so that was awesome.

POFQ - I did love how small the resort was and the theme was awesome. I did get my request for building 5 first floor so that was nice, but honestly I probably would not return to this resort. Maybe it was just an off time, but there was smeared gum all over the one walk away for 2 or 3 days and huge bags of garbage were forgotten about outside of my room for 2 full days, food was spilling out on to the walk way. I called housekeeping to let them know they forgot a bag of garbage and 2 bags of linens...the next day I called the front desk and said this had been sitting there now for a full day and if they told me where the dumpster was I would dispose of it myself. I'm not one to complain but it just looked trashy, the bag was knocked over, preztels were all over the ground. We've never experienced this at WDW before so I was a little surprised. Other than that we loved the room, loved the pool..we had a great location very close to the food court.

Traveling with a group of 12 - went better than I expected. I booked everyones dining and fast passes. for the first 2 days we all stayed together as a group, after that we mostly just met up for meals and parades/shows. It went very smoothly and we all had a great time. It was nice going on some rides with other people we knew. usually it is just myself, my husband, and our two kids. Having my mom, aunts and nephews there made the whole trip that much better. We did get our own time as well so we weren't together every minute.

Magic moments, at Hollywood studios a cast member gave our daughters free ice cream, they really loved that. Our youngest was selected as the time keeper several times (for some reason this seems to happen on every trip, we told her she must have a responsible time keeper kind of face) :D

All of our meals were awesome, character interaction was definitely best at Chef Mickey's. We tried Mickey's BBQ for the first time this trip and we had a blast! Everyone got up and danced, the food was great.

All in all it was a fantastic trip. our bounce back offer was for free dining so we'll be going back next summer.

What were the dates for bb next year? I am going next week wondering what I can book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter