Goofy's v. Storyteller's

lark

DIS Veteran
Hello -- we're WDW vets but still very much DL amatuers.

We're going in September and want to do a character breakfast one morning before going into the parks. We're staying at the GC, so Storyteller's would be ideal, but we're willing to hoof it over to the disneyland hotel in the morning if people think Goofy's better.

We don't care about the quality of the food or the atmosphere. (If there's a significant price difference, we would care about that.) It's all about the quality of the interaction with our little one and the characters. (At WDW, for comparison, our favs are Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.) It looks as though Goofy's is the best choice with this criteria, so the question I guess is whether anyone would make a case for Storytellers instead or would argue that the walk is not worth the difference. Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

I have never been to Goofy's but we were just at Storytellers 2 weeks ago. IMHO, the food and the character interact was equal to Crystal Palace. Although they did not have the kids dance around with the charcters like at CP. But it was fun for the kids and they got to see different characters.

We have not done Storyteller's but have done Goofy's kitchen several times. It is most like Chef Mickey's in my opinion. (I'm not sure what Crystal Palace is because we have only been to WDW twice--but did Chef Mickey's both times and a Mary Poppins breakfast and I don't remember the name of the place). The walk is not bad it is just walk through downtown disney. There are tons of characters and they walk around and pay lots of attention to each table and are good about seeing all the kids. The do a little dance in the middle and encourage the kids to join in. Also once when were there Goofy drew a self potrait and autographed on the table cloth (it's paper and designed to be drawn on) my son protected all through dinner. It is now framed and hanging in his room.

From what I have read the character interaction is not as intense, frequent, etc. at Storytellers. Also the walk is really not that bad. It is way different that in WDW where everything is so spread out.

I think you are on the right track with Goofy's Kitchen. Hope this helps.

I would definitely do Goofy's Kitchen, but I also recommend Storyteller's if you can swing both. We always ordered Ala Carte at Storyteller's and it wasn't nearly as expensive.

When we have gone to Storyteller's they have done a conga line type dance with instruments and the song Following the Leader. It was so much fun! My friend just got back and told me they didn't do anything like that and the only "character" element was that you could go up to the characters and get autographs and pictures. I am wondering if she went later and the singing was over or if it's been changed?

I can tell you that the breakfast (ala carte) at Storyteller's was the best I had on both my trips.

Enjoy! :flower1:

Things may have changed since we went, but to us, we would recommend Goofy's kitchen more. If you are wanting Character interaction, Storyteller's really did not have it that much. Chip, Dale and Pluto were the only ones there, and stayed in the lobby the whole time. (Didn't go around to the tables.) They did do the conga line, but for us. it was very quick and didn't seem to be that big of a deal...but we were there at a very slow time, and our kids didn't care to really do it.
My sister was going to do Storyteller's thinking it was a bfast buffet like Goofy's. and I told her that they were very different. Storytellers is a beautiful and good restaraunt, don't get me wrong, (and we loved bfast and dinner there) but for characters and a fun lively atmosphere especially for children, Goofy's is the way to go! It is the most like Chef Mickey's to me.

We went to Storyteller's for the character breakfast 2 weeks ago and we were very disappointed with the character interaction. The only character we saw in our section was Chip, and that was only because we hung around for quite a while after we ate waiting to see if any characters would appear at all. Honestly, if this is the way it usually is, they shouldn't even advertise it as a character breakfast.

I doubt we'd do any character meals again as it's so expensive and this one was such a disappointment. Hopefully Goofy's is better, but I definitely wouldn't recommend storyteller's if you're actually wanting to see characters.

Thanks everyone for the great comments and thoughts -- I think we'll go with Goofy's. The characters coming to the tables is what we're looking for and if that doesn't happen as much at Storyteller's, I think it will be worth the walk over to Goofy's. Again, I appreciate the help.

Personally for good character interaction I have found Arial's Grotto to be the best, last time we were there Goofy stole my friends wheel chair, max proposed to her, Dale "attacked" my other friend (her favorite character). Mickey was chewing max and goofy out, really the little show they gave stopped the restraunt from doing anything for at least 10-15 minutes, but it was worth every bit of it. Goofy's would be my second choice for character interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter