• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goofys Kitchen $$

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, I just read on a Trip Report that Goofys Kitchen Dinner Buffet is 35.00 per person.Is this a really GREAT dinner?? My family LOVES Chef Mickeys, more for the food than the Characters, and I thought this would be pretty close match. But I do not remember Chef Mickeys costing that much! One of my DS is 11, is this a child or an adult price? Thanks for the info? Joan

I actually just called today and was told that it is $28.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids. This is for dinner in September. In the opinion of my family the food is better at Goofy's than Chef Mickey's and the characters are more varied. Don't get me wrong we love Chef Mickey's, especially being in the Contemporary but think Goofy's is a little better. The food at Disneyland is more expensive than WDW on average because of being in Southern California I would imagine. Have fun! (Hopefully I was told right, I too had seen $35 price somwhere on these boards and didn't remember paying that much before which is why I verified today). I am pretty sure 11 is still a kids price for food but not for park tickets.

Thanks for the info and "your opinion" I will keep my PS for next Tuesday nite! This is our first nite at DL so I wanted "something special".And I think my family will enjoy it! Joan :flower:

They add tax and tip when you pay so the $28.99 becomes about $35 when you add those two things in!

Yes, you pay before you dine, and the gratuity is automatically added. I have to admit I was surprised by that. We ate there twice, we had one great server and one very blah, I don't want to be here, server. I would have tipped accordingly, but that option was taken away from me.

Hi, Do Buffets at DL ALL add in the tip or just Goofys Kitchen?? Joan

I think just Goofy's adds in the tip. We've eaten at PP breakfast, Storyteller's breakfast and dinner, and the breakfast in DL (having a brain blackout on the name, it's the one with the princesses now). The one in DL is a cafeteria style buffet that you pay at before you enter like Goofy's, but I don't remmeber there being a tip (could be because you get your own drinks, servers only clear plates). At least that's the way it was when it was Pooh and friends.

If you have AAA , you get a discount on the Character Dining at each of the hotels. I think it was only 10% but it helps with the tip/tax.

Funnygarcia, Thanks for this tip, I do have AAA! And you are so right, every little bit helps! :flower: Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter