Goofy's Barnstormer?

Tigger9

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what if any the height requirement is for Goofy's Barnstormer? We leave in three days with our 1 1/2 year old and wondering if she could go on this? Thanks!

they have to be 35" - my 2 1/2 year old son did it a few weeks ago and loved it. It does go a little fast. I got very worried during it when he wouldn't look up. I asked him when it was over if it was fun and he looked up with this biggest smile and said, "REAL fun!!!!" Have a great time.

I took my 22 mo son last week, and honestly don't know if I would do it again. The ride really does move fast. Even with my arm wrapped firmly around him, he spent most of the time with his head ducked forward into the car. I was mostly worried that he would bang his head on the lap bar at some point.

When we exited, he had a look on his face that somehow combined happiness and exasperation. He didn't cry or complain, so I tend to think that he enjoyed the ride. But he's still a little too young to communicate any feelings of enjoyment.

I doubt you would do your child any harm in taking her on the ride, but don't expect the type of reaction that you'll get when she meets Mickey or Minnie. If my own experience means anything, I just don't think a child under 2 has any emotional basis for really developing an enjoyment for this type of ride.

Watch this ride from the platform before you go on. This is the only ride that my DH has ever gotten on and gotten off before it started! DH said he was just sitting there saying to himself "is this worth the risk?" Our DS was also 1 1/2 at the time. It goes pretty fast and just has a lap bar not shoulder bars. Even now that DS is 6 I still feel like I need to hold on to him on this ride. :rolleyes: He loves it but just check it out for yourself first and hold on to her if you do go on!

The requirement is 35", but my 2 1/2 year old (at the time) absolutely got terrified at the first drop. 1 year later (almost to the day) I couldn't get him off the ride. 1 1/2 is a bit young for this ride...if you do it make sure you are holding on to your little one the barnstormer is far from tame for small children.

18 months is a bit young and may be too small. Our ds went at 2.5 insisting that he wanted to do it. So we got on and he sat with his head tucked into his arms the entire time. When we got off I expected him to be upset but he looked up at me and said, "do it again. Do it again!!!" ROFLOL!! Now at 4.5 he can't wait to go back and do BTMRR.

Despite the ride moving fast, I've never had any concern about one of my kids getting hurt on this ride. I really think though that BTMRR should have a weight requirement. My 6yo last year is a skinny kid but tall. She is also fearless. She would hold her hands up for the drops and I was petrified that she would get thrown around. We always make sure that she is riding with either dh or me and not her sister on this particular ride.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter