Goofy runner question!

WithDisneySpirit

DIS Veteran
A question for the experts! It very belatedly occurred to me that I only had one pair of good running shoes in the right size. So a few days ago, I went and bought an identical pair of shoes. So far, I have only done a couple of short runs in them. No time to fully break-in but they feel very good. Which run should I do in them and which run in the almost worn out pair????? I know that I am dumb not to have prepared better but lets just work with the facts ;) :confused3 :scared1:

Are you doing Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge, or are you a goofy runner? It's a subtle difference.

Ronda

Lisa a good running shoe doesn't require breakin. I have done several marathons in shoes I bought at the expo. So if you got just what the other pair is you have been using you will be fine. What you do not want to do is get something different and try to go race on it. That isn't breakin, it's that you don't know if the new shoe is right for you yet. When I race in shoes right from the expo it's a shoe I'm currently using and it has the cushioning at it's max effect.

Dave:hippie:

Lisa a good running shoe doesn't require breakin. I have done several marathons in shoes I bought at the expo. So if you got just what the other pair is you have been using you will be fine. What you do not want to do is get something different and try to go race on it. That isn't breakin, it's that you don't know if the new shoe is right for you yet. When I race in shoes right from the expo it's a shoe I'm currently using and it has the cushioning at it's max effect.

Dave:hippie:

Now, that is the most comfort I have had from an answer yet, Dave!!! Thanks so much! I was really wanting to wear the new pair the second day for the best comfort!! It is the identical shoe I have now. I counted up and I have 300 miles on the older shoe :scared1:

Now, that is the most comfort I have had from an answer yet, Dave!!! Thanks so much! I was really wanting to wear the new pair the second day for the best comfort!! It is the identical shoe I have now. I counted up and I have 300 miles on the older shoe :scared1:

With that many miles on your older pair, definitely run the half in them and save the new fully cushioned ones for the full.

As others have said, good shoes shouldn't require any breaking in. As long as you are running in the same size and brand you should be fine.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with running in the same shoes for both races if that would make you more comfortable. It varies from runner to runner, but for me shoes with 300 miles are still pretty good. If your 300 mile shoes still feel really good to you feel free to wear them for the full. or even both races.

As long as it is the same as the other pair, you should not have to break it in at all. I would do the half in the older shoes, and the full in the new ones.

(And yes, I practice what I preach here - I was a bit late in ordering new shoes, so my shoes for Sundays race arrive tomorrow or Friday. But I will be wearing them on Sunday, regardless of when they arrive. I will probably do one short run in them, mainly to make sure that I have the laces adjusted correctly, but that's it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter