Goofy 2015

Terapin

DIS Veteran
It seems that Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge 2015 already has a few admirers - so, who's in?

I am! It will be Goofy #2 for me! We will likely plan a family trip around this weekend. This year I went with my sister for a chick weekend. It was a ton of fun - well, except for the long runs. I loved the medals, the shirts, the expo, the energy, the volunteers and most of all: the finish line!!!!

I'd like to work on my speed and have a much better finish time. Now that I know what the expect...

So, who's in?!?

I am considering it - but who knows what the next two years will bring!

But I love my Mickey 20th anniversary medal and would love a 10th anniversary Goofy to go with it!

If I was ever going to attempt the Goofy 2015 is the year I would do it- the 20th anniversay medal is why I did my first marathon- would love to have the 10th Goofy to add to my bling!

I am in for sure. It will be Goofy #3 for me. Well actually last year did Dopey but in 2015 I am only in for the Goofy 2 early mornings are enough.

ME! :rolleyes:
Even though I SWORE never, ever again after this year (my first Goofy), but Tuesday after the Marathon...I said, I could do this again!

Im planning on Goofy 2015 too. I swore off full marathons and goofys after this years marathon weekend, but by the time the soreness was gone I was ready for another one.

My husband and are in for this one too. We're doing it for our 30th birthday gifts to each other !!

I just gotta get a Goofy anniversary medal to go with my Donald and Mickey ones...so count me in.

:donald::mickeyjum:goofy:

I am in for sure. It will be Goofy #3 for me. Well actually last year did Dopey but in 2015 I am only in for the Goofy 2 early mornings are enough.

I feel the exact same way...glad I did all 3 once but once was enough for me.

I'm hoping to go Goofy again in 2015...fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Count me in five years between WDW trips is way to long. Plus need to get the 10th goofy medal. Will also being c2c that year as well for Dumbo Double Dare. Maybe they will have a challenge c2c medal by then. Just to show people that it is cool. ;)

I am definitely IN!!! And I agree with Hockeychic. I did Dopey this year. I think I will make Goofy 2015 'just' the Goofy. (Okay, did I type 'Just the Goofy'?)

LOL

DH and I are also planning to try and go Goofy in 2015.

I can't believe I'm actually seriously considering this.

It's really tempting!! I can't say yes, I'm 100% sure, but maybe 90% sure! Assuming we are gainfully employed and I have the time to train, then for sure!

Well it looks like I NEED to make sure that I register for 2015 early looking at the attention this thread drew. I know it’s cliché … but I take them one at a time as you never know what a race will bring.

I started the quest for a Goofy in 2006 as a dare. The races were split after registration started and folks were bugging the RD about running both. At first, their answer was no, it’s not safe. It was about 2 weeks into the split that the email came out that said they were not encouraging folks to run both races but due to demand they would start allowing folks to enter both races. They thought the idea was rather goofy. Thus the Goofy Race and a Half was born. The first 3 years Disney did not even prepare a listing of finishers of the Goofy as they wanted to dissuade competition. It did not help as many of us track a PR in the 39 mile category (BTW mine is 7:11)

I ran 06 on a stress fracture. I injured the tibia in October 2005 and it healed up – I was thinking a high ankle sprain and took it easy for 4-5 weeks. Then in the half I jumped up on the curb under Seven Seas Lagoon and felt the twinge in the lower leg. My goal in that race was to go really slow in the half and run the full hard; however, since I knew that I had an injury, I ran the remainder of the half hard, PR’ing the race. I spent the remainder of January and February in a boot. 2007 was the hottest year to date for the marathon weekend. I came out of the 07 race saying if that would have been the first race it would have been a once and done. The ‘Disney on Ice’ weekend was a special weekend for Perfectly Goofys. Disney recognized the 180+ folks who were attempting their 5th Goofy. It was nothing like the recognition given the Perfect 10 marathon runners or this year’s Perfect 20.

All this to say that I came close to bailing on the marathon this year and closing out the Goofy with a Perfectly 7. I do plan on running # 9 and then #10 in 2015, assuming good health. However, as evidenced with this year’s injury, the heat and running with the early stages of the flu one cannot assume that the perfect status will remain through 2015. Should a loss of the perfect status occur, I will probably not continue the Goofy race as it kills the weekend’s trip.

You make a good point, Coach. You never know what life will bring. I *intend* to run the Goofy in 2015. Until it is over, you never know what will happen!

I plan on doing the 2015 Goofy. It would be my 3rd Goofy. My first being the 2010 the 5th anniversary year so I definately would like to get that 10 year medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter