Goofy’s Kitchen Limited-Time Mickey & Minnie Celebration Dinner

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Has anyone here gone to this dinner yet?

According to the DL website, starting on 1/18, Goofy’s Kitchen is offering a special Get Your Ears On dinner, with appearances by Mickey & Minnie, plus souvenirs and special celebration-themed menu items.

I just made reservations for it, but I’ll be curious to hear from anyone who experiences it before my trip in late Feb/early March.

Ooh, I need to make a reservation! Does anyone know how long this will last- through mid-February? I didn't see an end date on the website.

Last edited:
Oh I'm really curious about this. I'm not that big of a fan of Goofy's (did Thanksgiving there in 2017; wasn't impressed). But my mom and I are interested in a character meal on our last hurrah before our AP break.

Been debating Plaza Inn for the larger number of characters, but I'm awful at those early morning times. But I really didn't like the food at Goofy's, lol! Not for Thanksgiving at least.

Going to see if I can get a reservation myself while I make up my mind. Thanks for the heads up! I missed this was a thing! Will be following to see if anyone has any reports.

Looks as if the dates are 22 January to 18 February, Just changed to go to this instead of Storeytellers. Thanks for posting!!!

I'm still torn about this. So far I can't find any details except what looks like it might just be a special button as the "special swag". And I didn't like the food enough there for just that. Only thing in its favor was that I'm not good at mornings (so Plaza Inn is difficult for me despite it having the more appealing character line up for me).

I might skip it. Really wanted to do one more character meal, but might not be worth the possibility of being disappointed on top of losing park time.

If I add it, it'll be our first night in town, so we won't miss any park time. They added chili, and special cupcakes & cookies for this Ears On special. I'm a bit of a sucker for 'special' events, so I'm leaning towards it. Can't wait to see reviews from folks who go!

I may be totally overdoing it on the table-service reservations. We’ll be there 5 days, and this is what I have:

Day 1: Breakfast with Minnie @ Plaza Inn
Dinner @ Lamplight Lounge

Day 2: Dinner @ Blue Bayou

Day 3: Lunch @ Carthay Circle
Dinner @ Goofy’s Kitchen

Day 4: Dinner @ Tortilla Jo’s

Day 5: Breakfast @Storyteller’s

We usually only go for 3 days, so I’m not terribly worried about missing out on park time, and we scrimped/saved for a LONG time for this trip. In 20 years, we’ve never once done table service at DL. Normally we bring our own food and/or do quick-service, but I had budgeted for WOC Dessert Party and F! Premium Dining, and since those are canceled, I wanted to add other stuff in to make up for it. We go every year and are usually very frugal about it, so I wanted this time to be different and kinda indulgent.Will I regret it? I know 3 character meals is excessive, but my little one is nuts over the characters. Any thoughts? Am I nuts?

If I add it, it'll be our first night in town, so we won't miss any park time. They added chili, and special cupcakes & cookies for this Ears On special. I'm a bit of a sucker for 'special' events, so I'm leaning towards it. Can't wait to see reviews from folks who go!

No, I saw the food list. Food actually doesn't entice me, lol! I might eat the cupcakes, but that's about it. What I was interested in was that they also had listed about special swag and if it was something really neat, I would suffer the food and park time loss. A button is not that great of a compromise for eating food I don't really like haha!

Definitely nice when you can go on a non park day :). Little bit of Disney without having to go into Disney. I have an AP and this is my last trip before it expires and won't be back (on AP) until November at earliest so there's really no such thing as a non park day. But likely later depending how things go with crowds.

I may be totally overdoing it on the table-service reservations. We’ll be there 5 days, and this is what I have:

Day 1: Breakfast with Minnie @ Plaza Inn
Dinner @ Lamplight Lounge

Day 2: Dinner @ Blue Bayou

Day 3: Lunch @ Carthay Circle
Dinner @ Goofy’s Kitchen

Day 4: Dinner @ Tortilla Jo’s

Day 5: Breakfast @Storyteller’s

We usually only go for 3 days, so I’m not terribly worried about missing out on park time, and we scrimped/saved for a LONG time for this trip. In 20 years, we’ve never once done table service at DL. Normally we bring our own food and/or do quick-service, but I had budgeted for WOC Dessert Party and F! Premium Dining, and since those are canceled, I wanted to add other stuff in to make up for it. We go every year and are usually very frugal about it, so I wanted this time to be different and kinda indulgent.Will I regret it? I know 3 character meals is excessive, but my little one is nuts over the characters. Any thoughts? Am I nuts?

We do Minnie's Plaza Inn breakfast once every trip because the food is good, and the number of characters that come through is fantastic. I feel like we've saved line time by doing that breakfast early on each trip. We did Blue Bayou once and it was gorgeous and the food was great. The kids didn't appreciate it as much as the grownups, but I think it is totally worth doing at least once. I'd do it with hubby and/or when kids are older again! I haven't done any of the others, but having at least 1 reservation each day can help structure the day and I find it helps prevent me from running everyone ragged. I tend to push a little too long if we don't have hard stops already scheduled - like, just one more ride before dinner guys! It'll be great!

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

DLR newbies here, so don’t know what it’s normally like, but we’ve had dinner here booked since 60 days out and had fun! Dinner seemed standard Disney Buffett/dessert. But they had awesome character interactions and chef Mickey style napkin swinging and dancing to the new “get your ears on” song from mix magic. My kids had a blast and dh and I had fun, too. The “swag” is button so I wouldn’t go for that. We had fun and saw the characters multiple times, but restaurant didn’t seem busy. I’m not sure I would book it just for this event bc prob not much new if you've been there, but not sure. But we really enjoyed it!

DLR newbies here, so don’t know what it’s normally like, but we’ve had dinner here booked since 60 days out and had fun! Dinner seemed standard Disney Buffett/dessert. But they had awesome character interactions and chef Mickey style napkin swinging and dancing to the new “get your ears on” song from mix magic. My kids had a blast and dh and I had fun, too. The “swag” is button so I wouldn’t go for that. We had fun and saw the characters multiple times, but restaurant didn’t seem busy. I’m not sure I would book it just for this event bc prob not much new if you've been there, but not sure. But we really enjoyed it!

Thank you! Sounds pretty similar to normal (or what I remember from when I went for a Thanksgiving meal) except with a music change.

Definitely off my list now. But I'm glad your family had a good time :).

Mickey has been there for dinner for quite a long time, must be about 2 years. Unless they put Minnie with him in the photo spot now they likely just slapped a fancy new name on the same meal, maybe with a few extra menu items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter