Goodbye 'Ohana

We have a group of 9. I am set up on the reservations finder but no luck as of yet. Do you think the 9:55pm reservation would have more of a negative impact on the dinner? I booked at 180 days out. This was my first selection of the morning. I booked only 2 minutes after the online opeaned and it was the only time slot and day available for our whole trip! I had a much easier time scoring CRT, BOG and Akershus. I was shocked how it’s become so hard to score.
The latest we have eaten there was at 8pm and it was still really good. But I personally would be worried about the quality of food a 9:55 at night. That's pretty late. Something will come up on the reservation finder, we are a party of 11 and we were able to get one. I wouldn't worry yet.

Last edited:
The latest we have eaten there was at 8pm and it was still really good. But I personally would be worried about the quality of food a 9:55 at night. That's pretty late. Something will come up on the reservation finder, we are a party of 11 and we did. I wouldn't worry yet.
Oh good hear! Thank you

The latest we have eaten there was at 8pm and it was still really good. But I personally would be worried about the quality of food a 9:55 at night. That's pretty late. Something will come up on the reservation finder, we are a party of 11 and we did. I wouldn't worry yet.

We have eaten her past 9 most trips now and we have not found the food quality to suffer at all and actual have found it a nice pace. We love watching the fireworks from 'Ohana with the music pipped in its such a great way to end the night. Sometimes you can watch the water parade also.

Yeah they look not bad. This is the picture that was posted. As I said before, it's not my picture.

37767184_10214476587340504_1178615107073081344_n.jpg
I wonder if this is to make the dumplings last. When we were there, the guy who brought our food said they run out of dumplings every night. Not sure how true this is but he says they are a favorite.

I wonder if this is to make the dumplings last. When we were there, the guy who brought our food said they run out of dumplings every night. Not sure how true this is but he says they are a favorite.

Love the dumplings. Always get seconds of those and the veggies. I usually go after 9 PM and never had been told they were out so hope its not true. Those springs rolls look good also.

We just ate here last night. Really disappointed! was one of our favs but... service slow and inattentive, had to wait forever for the skewers of meat/shrimp to come out, could no longer request window seat at check in even if willing to wait, bread was cold and almost hard vs the normal soft/warm(asked for fresh but was same), really miss the lovely lady who used to interact with guests( one poor attempt for coconut race was all that was done) probably will not be returning for the price it costs # sad face

The latest we have eaten there was at 8pm and it was still really good. But I personally would be worried about the quality of food a 9:55 at night. That's pretty late. Something will come up on the reservation finder, we are a party of 11 and we were able to get one. I wouldn't worry yet.

I managed to book breakfast at the 180 mark for 5, and a couple of days later wanted to change the time and found openings. Keep checking for openings, you'd be surprised how many cancellations there are.

I managed to book breakfast at the 180 mark for 5, and a couple of days later wanted to change the time and found openings. Keep checking for openings, you'd be surprised how many cancellations there are.

By the way, forgot to say that I also changed my dinner reservation to an earlier time. There are openings all the time.

We had an 8:40pm reservation and our food was still fantastic. We have never had a bad experience here. This past Tuesday, it was a little slow to get started, but once it did everything came out just as we would have wanted it. The food was still excellent, our "cousin" was super fantastic and we had a great view of the fireworks. They definitely didn't run out of food and were trying to get us to eat more. We were there for two hours, but it was our anniversary so we did the hula lesson and the anniversary dance, which was after we had eaten, just about the same time as our dessert came around. I can see how things can be hit or miss because it is so busy. We did wait about 25 minutes after our ADR time to be seated, but I expected that because that is almost always how it is and it worked out good with the fireworks.

We had an 8:40pm reservation and our food was still fantastic. We have never had a bad experience here. This past Tuesday, it was a little slow to get started, but once it did everything came out just as we would have wanted it. The food was still excellent, our "cousin" was super fantastic and we had a great view of the fireworks. They definitely didn't run out of food and were trying to get us to eat more. We were there for two hours, but it was our anniversary so we did the hula lesson and the anniversary dance, which was after we had eaten, just about the same time as our dessert came around. I can see how things can be hit or miss because it is so busy. We did wait about 25 minutes after our ADR time to be seated, but I expected that because that is almost always how it is and it worked out good with the fireworks.

This is exactly what I find to be problematic with 'Ohana. Your experience was good, however upthread we read that that family had the opposite. Both took place in the same week, if I read then times correctly. This is becoming a regular occurance, with dining experiences all over the place.

my lazy Susan is gone, most of my delicious appetizers are gone, the hype of the restaurant, and the pineapple and caramel is gone, its way too hard to get a res, I have other favorites that I go to now :)
What are your new favorites? Want to try different restaurants next vacation.

We go only because it’s an incentive for my husband to book a Disney vacation so he can get the bread pudding. Doesn’t care about the rest of the food.

We just ate here last night. Really disappointed! was one of our favs but... service slow and inattentive, had to wait forever for the skewers of meat/shrimp to come out, could no longer request window seat at check in even if willing to wait, bread was cold and almost hard vs the normal soft/warm(asked for fresh but was same), really miss the lovely lady who used to interact with guests( one poor attempt for coconut race was all that was done) probably will not be returning for the price it costs # sad face

Like many have said they can't win because its either to slow or too fast for people. It sucks that you had a bad experience though.

I was going to try breakfast here on my next trip because I was staying at the Poly but once I found out there was no bacon I changed my mind. I don't eat breakfast out often at all but when I do I want to have some bacon. Its a breakfast staple for me.

What are your new favorites? Want to try different restaurants next vacation.

not as iconic as Ohana, but we LOVE Tusker House, found the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno to be amazing, and just experienced Tiiffins last trip, and loved it as well! We still go to the Poly for some dole whip though :)

not as iconic as Ohana, but we LOVE Tusker House, found the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno to be amazing, and just experienced Tiiffins last trip, and loved it as well! We still go to the Poly for some dole whip though :)
I really like tusker house. Haven’t tried those other two. I am obsessed with yak and yeti now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter