Good Recipe for Chicken and Rice Casserole?

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
Does anyone have a good tried and true recipe for a casserole using chicken and rice? I could probably find one on the internet, but would rather get one here if anyone has one they could share, thanks.

I was just looking at the new December double issue of Southern Living and they had a yummy one called Chicken-and-Wild Rice Casserole. They also had a variation recipe called Cajun Chicken-and-Wild Rice Casserole. Sorry, but I don't have the magazine with me.

The classic recipe had celery, onions, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and water chestnuts. It was topped with cheddar cheese and toasted almonds. I bet you could find it online. :wizard:

Paula Deen's Chicken and Rice- we love this one and its easy easy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans french green beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 medium onion, diced and sauteed
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 (4-ounce) can pimentos, drained
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to package directions (Uncle Ben's Wild Rice-have used reg and 5 min- both work)
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
Pinch salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter