• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good places for adults to take a break?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
February 10 we’re changing our plans now that MK will be open to midnight. First RD HS at 9 am. FPs at 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30. Lunch at 12:15. After lunch we might do a 4th HS FP depending on availability.

Then in the afternoon/evening heading to MK for whatever FP I can grab, fireworks at 8 pm, and stay until midnight.

In between we want to go somewhere to chill and rest, and not necessarily back to POFQ. Neither of us will nap. Probably should get something good to eat too.

Suggestions?
Thank you!
(Oh, just 2 adults this trip.)

I'm going to suggest Disney's Polynesian resort. I really enjoy dining at Ohana especially when I worked up an appetite and if you want to just do finger foods and drinks you always have Trader Sam's available as well.

The lobby at the Grand Floridian! The music starts at 3:00 and alternates between the piano player and the Society Orchestra. Late lunch reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe should not be too difficult to get.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/

I'm going to suggest Disney's Polynesian resort. I really enjoy dining at Ohana especially when I worked up an appetite and if you want to just do finger foods and drinks you always have Trader Sam's available as well.

Maybe we’ll monorail around the 3 resorts for food and drinks.

That's what the PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress are for! For DREAMING!!!! Of that great big beautiful tomorrow!

Wow! I didn’t know it’s staying open until midnight! I’ll be there February 8-15. Better update my trip plans!

I also vote trader sams. If it’s nice out you can sit on the beach overlooking the castle.

I also vote trader sams. If it’s nice out you can sit on the beach overlooking the castle.
Do you need a reservation if you just want to have a drink or two? Never been and am planning on going at night after the parks close.

Take the bus from HS to the Poly, then go to Trader Sam's for a drink or two, then take the boat to MK. If you still have time you can take a boat to/from Fort Wilderness area and walk around there. Free boat rides in Bay Lake is like a top ride attraction in itself.

Hang out at either Poly or GF. We do this routinely and take our Kindles, and one of us naps. Monorail pub crawl is fun too!

Monorail Pub Crawl is great. If you want to stay in one location, Trader Sam's at the Poly is great, Mizner's at the Grand Floridian is also fantastic.

A great hidden treasure with great food and drinks that will keep you in MK is the Skipper Cantina by the jungle cruise! Saves you from having to deal with security heading back in. Just a suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter