Good Place to buy tuxes on-line

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
NOTICE: I Swear I have no affiliation with this company other than as a satisfied customer.

Since we are going to a formal wedding this summer, and the DCL next Christmas, I decided to break down and buy, not rent a tux.

Found many sites, chose this one:

http://www.cheaptux.com/f-packages.htm

GREAT SERVICE/GREAT PRICE/GREAT TUX

I got the third level tux, for $209.95. No tax or shipping.

Ordered Friday, Received today, Tuesday. Includes Everything But the Shoes: Tux, Shirt, cufflinks, tie, cumberbund. Very nice quality, 100% wool. The pants are sent unhemmed to get a correct fit.

I followed their advice and went to a formal store and had them measure me. Tipped the guy $10 for the sizing, but he said he'd have done it for free.

I sprang another 7.95 for a vinyl garment bag, too. Total cost delivered is $217.90

I know renting is cheaper, but at a minimum of $50/each, it pays for itself in 4 uses. They also have cheaper and more expensive sets, as well as a wide selection of accessories.

Just thought I'd pass along this tip.

Hope someone enjoys it.

Again: I Swear I have no affiliation with this company other than as a satisfied customer.

In fact, I am a CPA and am taking this time out on April 15 to get the word to all DIS board friends.

I did ebay as well , less than 100.00 , including shoes for an Oscar de la Renta.

Thanks jgalecpa for your post. We are considering doing a DCL cruise in January/2004 and (hopefully) a HAL cruise Aug/2004 (or a DCL cruise Dec 2004 we haven't decided). So at this time we have 2 cruises already planned. I am for less expensive for tux or a suite for my husband since he doesn't wear any of that stuff.

Also how do you order from Ebay?

gometros your link didn't work.

You have to bid or use the "buy it now" feature on ebay, do a search on the size, if hes a 42, serach on "42 tuxedo", most will list the measurements or will send them if you request. You can find some great deals and if he's a standard size you may not need any altering (mine fit me perfect). just make sure its a complete tux, some are just jackets.

DH bought his on ebay .... now only if we could get evening gowns as easily! Paid for itself in 2 uses.

When you purchased the tux from Ebay was the tux in good condition? Was it used or brand new. Sorry I have not purchased anything from Ebay. I normally buy direct.

It was used, but in excellent condition. If you check the feedback of the seller you can buy with confidence. DH bought the shirt on his own.

Another tux from ebay here - actually 3 of them (self & 2 DSs) as well as DDs formal dress! There was enough left from the difference to get Mickey vests & bow ties and still pay for most of our drinks!

Formal.jpg

Bought DH a tux from EBay for abt $100. It came from Cheaptux.com I believe, was tropical weight wool and beautiful!!!!
Fantastic deal!

Looks like when it gets closer to our cruise time (Jan/2004), I will look into Ebay and see what happens. If that doesn't work out I will check out also cheaptux.com. Looks like right now Ebay wins. Wish me luck.

Thanks everyone.

S & K frequently puts their tuxes on sale for $179 plus tax all inclusive except for socks and shoes. That way you can pick it out and try it on.

Disney Accesories:

Where do we find Disney themed vests, cumberbunds & ties?

We have searched the web and couldn't find them.

All help appreciated.

Jim

jgalecpa

You can call or email Disney Merchandise and see if they have any items like that at WDW and order it through them. I don't remember at this time if I have seen anything like this on property but you will never know unless you call.

Ours came from ebay. When I made payment, I noticed that the seller was in the same town as me - turns out it was a local tux shop!
Search for mickey bow tie and several results will come up.

Thanks. we had searched for everything EXCEPT mickey +bow tie.

That did the trick. Found a nice new "Mickey & friends" vest on ebay. Used bought it now for $24.95.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter