Good Off Property Restaurant

Kendallkat2

A "DVCHV" Member
We are going to WDW in May and will be staying at All-Star Movies for 4 nights before checking into OKW. I can't stand spending a lot of money on eating. This is why I'm looking for some suggestions for good/nice places to eat. Nothing fancy just good food and near WDW. Also directions or links to directions would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Beth

For sheer volume of off site restaurants I would suggest the SR 535 area. There is an area of hotels, restaurants and stores right outside the gate leading to Downtown Disney.

Off the top of my head I remember Shoneys, Perkins, IHOP, Waffle House, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Pizza Hut. All of these are within about 1 mile of the Downtown Disney gate.

A little farther north there is the International Drive area with many more restaurants but it's further to drive and traffic on International Drive can be a problem.

Greetings,
To amplify on the previous post also on the SR535 in the same area is Perkins, Dennys, Sizzler, TGIF Fridays, Bennigans, Pebbles & Bahama Breeze. In the Crossroads shoping center there is a great hamburger place called Jungle Jims (by the way, you can substitute chicken if you are not a hamburger fan). If it's fast food you seek there is McDonalds, Taco Bell & Subway also in the same general area. You were not specific about your tastes so that pretty much gives you some options in the Lake Buena Vista area.

Kevin ;)

Greetings,
To amplify on the previous post also on SR535 in the same area is Perkins, Dennys, Sizzler, TGIF Fridays, Bennigans, Pebbles & Bahama Breeze. In the Crossroads shoping center there is a great hamburger place called Jungle Jims (by the way, you can substitute chicken if you are not a hamburger fan). If it's fast food you seek there is McDonalds, Taco Bell & Subway also in the same general area. You were not specific about your tastes so that pretty much gives you some options in the Lake Buena Vista area.

Kevin ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I have a lot of suggestions! I was browsing the DIS website and found some coupons. Never have tried Jungle Jim's. Is it in the same plaza as Goodings? We tried Sizzler last time and my husband didn't like it. Is any of the Chinese places good? What about some of the Lobster places? Isn't there a Boston Lobster place of some sort?
Thanks again, Beth

One place that I am dying to go to during our December trip is a restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes. Kirkland Road is the only address I have and no directions...sorry. I've heard raves about this place and the value is supposed to be outstanding. HUGE salad bar, pasta, soups, pizza, baked potatoes, breads, deserts, etc.....it is a buffet and is something like $8.00 per adult including drink and a little less than $5.00 for those 12 and under.
If anyone knows any more about this restaurant...I would love to hear....but then that would probably be another post.
Good luck on your search....seems that resonable restaurants abound just outside WDW!!!

warn u, the portions here are HUGE! easy to split one of their burgers/sandwiches
or dinner. JMHO! saves on $$$ too!

KendallKat2-Can I ask where you got the coupon for Jungle Jim's? We really want to try this place on our April Trip..Thanks in advance for any info.. :)

Two of our last three trips I found a "buy one/get a kid's meal free" coupon in the slick advertising "magazine" that was available free everywhere at the airport"

Portions were large enough that I ate a kids' burger meal and had plenty. (15 year old son ate one of the adult portions).

We ate at Sweet Tomatoes in December and really enjoyed it. There is a huge salad bar, breads, soups, pastas, etc. I don't recall if there is a dessert bar b/c I was too full to think about it! If you are coming from WDW, just take I-4 towards Orlando, take the Kirkman Rd. exit, turn right. Then you take a left onto International Dr., just like you're going to the Belz outlets. After you turn, it's not far. Its on the left, kind of in the Office Depot parking lot.

Also, in the Disney area, we love Bahama Breeze, never had a bad meal there. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait, depending on what time you go. You go to the end of hotel blvd. (where the light is at the Crossroads Shopping Center) and take a right. Its a short distance on the left just after you pass under the interstate. I can't think of the name of the road but its the same one that the other outlet mall is on.

I found a coupon for a free appetizer when you order two entres at JJ's.

I got it through Mousesavers but on one of the different coupon links ... check all the links and you should find it.

We like Chevy's (Mexican) right in Crossroads Square. Very good food, excellent service, but, call for a PS. The only neg. it is a bit loud, but, nothing intolerable.

We go every year to a place on 192 in the area of old town (about 2.5 miles from wdw) that is called Logan's Roadside. We pick a nice evening and sit outside on the deck because it has a fire pit in the center and the kids love to watch the fire. I love the stuffed potato soup and my dh loves the ribs. This is a place I tell everyone to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter