• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

good neighbor resort recommendation?

mickstwin

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good neighbor resort in walking distance? Just 2 adults, no kiddos. Thanks!

Not sure if it is considered a Good Neighbor specifically, but I always recommend the Anaheim Hilton. :) Gorgeous hotel, good rates, 10-15 minute walk.

Ramada Maingate- right across the street, nothing fancy, but its clean and close and reasonably priced... :)

I'd stay at HoJo no matter who I was with if I could get the entertainment rate. I haven't stayed at the Candy Cane Inn but would consider it for a couple's trip.

My DW and I are Marriott Reward members so we always stay at the Fairfield Inn if we want to walk to the parks or the Anaheim Marriott if we don't mind the shuttle.

Definitely not HoJo!!! :eek:
J/K.... HoJo!

I just like messin with the HoJo Fanatics! :laughing:

Not sure if it is considered a Good Neighbor specifically, but I always recommend the Anaheim Hilton. :) Gorgeous hotel, good rates, 10-15 minute walk.

Second this. I like the anaheim hilton and the marriott right across the street. I usually prefer to stay in full service hotels for some reason. Probably all that business travel.

I would second The Candy Cane Inn for a couple. The rooms are very nice and they offer free breakfast and an exclusive shuttle to and from the park. They offer AAA discounts too.

We like Best Western Stovalls. It is so close. We would walk to the parks in the morning, go to the room for a while in the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evening. The free breakfast is not the greatest, but the Cici's in the parking lot is great (and really cheap!). The rooms are certainly not luxery, but they are clean, comfortable and perfect for sleeping and changing. The pools we enjoyable. Over all for value and convience, BW Stovalls is our favorite.

The Anaheim Plaza is practically perfect for a couple with no kids. The rates are low and include in-room coffee. I can't imagine anyone would complain about the distance, since it's across the street and about 300m from the pedestrian entrance.

I would second The Candy Cane Inn for a couple. The rooms are very nice and they offer free breakfast and an exclusive shuttle to and from the park. They offer AAA discounts too.

I third this. It's like a boutique motel. :laughing:

The only complaints i ever hear about the CCI is that the rooms are a little small for families of 4+ & that the pool isn't as "kid friendly" as Hojo or the DLR hotels.....so it's perfect for a couple.

(& even though you don't NEED the dedicated shuttle....it comes in handy at night & if you're the type who enjoys a mid day break).

The wife and I stayed at the Tropicana about a month ago and it wasn't bad at all. Clean and comfortable and the price was right. No shuttle needed since its a short walk across the street. The 'continental b-fast' was a joke but there is an IHOP next door. The main thing is that its very close to the main entrance and we like that a lot. Its actually a shorter walk to DL than from the Grand Cali hotel believe it or not.
Our main strategy is to get up early and enjoy the park until about 2-3 and then head to the room until about 6 or 7. The midday rest makes all the difference and then we feel good about staying until closing. My favorite times to be in DL is early morning and from about 9 'til closing. Especially the night. :surfweb:

The Anaheim Plaza is practically perfect for a couple with no kids. The rates are low and include in-room coffee. I can't imagine anyone would complain about the distance, since it's across the street and about 300m from the pedestrian entrance.

I would agree on this property too. It's always my choice. Though it is not a "Good Neighbor" property . . . the rates are always good.

It is an older motel property . . . and it shows.

It's a great place to stay if you plan on being in the resort area most of the time. Definitely a place to sleep and shower.

In the area, there is something for everyone's budget and taste.

At or near the pedestrian crosswalk on Harbor Blvd. there are:
2 Best Westerns
Carousel Inn
Fairfield Inn
Hojo's is down next to Fairfield

There are restaurants in the vicinity of the above:
Tony Roma's
Quizno's
IHOP
Denny's
Cold Stone Creamery
McDonald's
Mimi's

Candy Cane Inn is on the opposite side, opposite direction down the street. It's a nice property. Rooms are a little smaller.

In Garden Grove, the properties get a little nicer, free breakfasts are more extensive, but you'd need a shuttle
Embassy Suites
Portofino Inn and Suites (no free bkfast but you get an IHOP voucher)
Doubletree
Homewood Suites (my hotel of choice)
Marriott Suites
2 Residence Inns
These are near: Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, Oggi's, Target

We like Best Western Stovalls. It is so close. We would walk to the parks in the morning, go to the room for a while in the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evening. The free breakfast is not the greatest, but the Cici's in the parking lot is great (and really cheap!). The rooms are certainly not luxery, but they are clean, comfortable and perfect for sleeping and changing. The pools we enjoyable. Over all for value and convience, BW Stovalls is our favorite.

I totally agree with the choice of Best Western Stovall's. Less than 10 minutes walk if you cut through Grand Californian, nice rooms, two pools, great service. We went twice and we were never dissapointed with our choice.

Anybody ever stayed at the Red Lion?
Thoughts?
I booked it on Priceline yesterday for Thanksgiving for $80.00 a night... Good deal?

Anybody ever stayed at the Red Lion?
Thoughts?
I booked it on Priceline yesterday for Thanksgiving for $80.00 a night... Good deal?

You must have just booked it off the regular site--meaning you didn't 'name your own price' If this is so can you get out of it? You can get something cheaper and closer than that even if it is T-Day.

I'm sorry, I got it for $70.00 a night.. just rechecked the confirmation.
No, I named my own price. I started at $45.00, and went up in $5.00 increments.
Then it came on and told me if I wanted a 3 1/2 star hotel, I'd have to pay $70.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter