Good Neighbor Hotels

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
Which of these hotels is within walking distance of the parks? What is the advantage to staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel? From what I can tell, there is limited Extra Magic Mornings?

I am currently researching an April trip with park days being Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

....what is your list of hotels that you are currently researching.....everything is within walking distance....just depends on much walking you participate in at home.....the advantage of A Good Neighbor hotel is the savings...which you can spend on those great Disneyland deserts.....and have the opportunity to walk those calories off.

Tuesday is the only day you can use your ticket to enter Disneyland early.

There’s no advantage to good neighbor.

You don’t get early entry at good neighbor hotels.

You can get one early entry into Disneyland on certain days with a 3 day park hopper purchased online. My fave is last minute travel club. Foetravel is the latest free code I’ve seen.

Motels to look at: best western park place inn
Park vue inn
Desert inn & suites for budget

Hotel: courtyard Marriott theme park entrance
Hojo—is that a hotel

Good Neighbor Hotels are recommended by Disney, so you know you will stay at a decent hotel. Many are within walking distance from the parks. For example we are about an 8 minute walk from the Main Entrance. Some hotels are in a different city, but are still considered Good Neighbor hotels.
Good Neighbor Hotels can sell Disneyland tickets on property. At our hotel we have discounted Disneyland tickets. If you are looking at other hotels, definitely ask them if they have discount tickets. If you purchase a 3 Day Ticket from the hotel, you do get 1 Magic Morning. This means that you get to go into Disneyland 1 hour before parking opening on either Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday.

I hope this helps. Hope you have a great stay in Anaheim.
Kriss :tink:

There’s no advantage to good neighbor.

You don’t get early entry at good neighbor hotels.

You can get one early entry into Disneyland on certain days with a 3 day park hopper purchased online. My fave is last minute travel club. Foetravel is the latest free code I’ve seen.

Motels to look at: best western park place inn
Park vue inn
Desert inn & suites for budget

Hotel: courtyard Marriott theme park entrance
Hojo—is that a hotel

There is a HUGE advantage to good neighbor hotels. LESS EXPENSIVE

If you purchase a 3 Day Ticket from the hotel, you do get 1 Magic Morning. This means that you get to go into Disneyland 1 hour before parking opening on either Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday.

This applies to any 3 day ticket, not just tickets purchased at Good Neighbor hotels.

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and loved it. Paid about $200 a night in July. About a 5-10 minute walk. It’s on the same side of Harbor Blvd as the parks and directly behind Cars Land. It also has it’s own shuttle, but we only used it in the mornings because the drop off area gets you pretty close to the gate. The walk is so short, the shuttle isn’t really needed unless you have mobility issues. Others mentioned the 3 day or more ticket to get early entry on select days, so after working the numbers, it made more sense for us to stay off site. Staying onsite at Dland doesn’t really have the same appeal or advantage as WDW IMO considering there are only 3 resorts all with deluxe pricing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter