Good neighbor hotels - how does it work?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
We have APs which expire at the end of January so we are trying to squeeze in one more trip. We will choose something in the Marriott family (probably Delta in LBV). How does the reservation get attached to MDE so that I can reserve FP at 60 days? Do I need to reserve through Disney rather than through Marriott? And if I have do this can I still earn Marriott points?

Good neighbor hotels - how does it work?

We have APs which expire at the end of January so we are trying to squeeze in one more trip. We will choose something in the Marriott family (probably Delta in LBV). How does the reservation get attached to MDE so that I can reserve FP at 60 days? Do I need to reserve through Disney rather than through Marriott? And if I have do this can I still earn Marriott points?

GOOD NEIGHBOR Hotels do not get EMH nor 60 day FP+.

A large website kept using the category "Good Neighbor" in their reports but they were wrong. There are too many Good Neighbors to offer those perks. The hotels at Disney Springs (on property) get the perks but there are no Marriotts.

The Delta does not get perks. I think the only option for Marriott points will be Swan and Dolphin.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll mark my calendar for 30 days for FP!

It's really only a couple rides you will have issues with and even those are possible if you keep checking. I honestly don't book FP+ until a week or so out, some I book the morning of ............ and I have success at just about everything but FOP, 7DMT and SDD. BUT, I have gotten them, even day of ... 5 trips so far this year.

Certainly not worth paying big bucks for your hotel for 60 day for sure.

Good to know. We'll be happy with what we get. We were there in May with kids and grandkids and stayed at the Poly but this time, just Nana and Papa on the economy plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter