GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMaloy314

<font color=blue>Married to Prince Charming<br><fo
Tracy Savage said:
AMaloy314-Are you flying or driving to WDW?

We are flying. Shortly after I got married, DH and I drove to Texas with my 2 DSD. I think that we agree, it was in Mississippi that if we had been driving during daylight hours we would have stopped at a court house and gotten a divorce! :rotfl2:

Since then, we promised each other that for the sake of our marriage we would never drive more than 6 hours somewhere. It means fewer vacations since it is so expensive, but at least it is still a 'family vacation'. :teeth:

how about you?

That is too funny. We drive :sad2: I hate it but I'm terrified of flying. I was on a really bad flight once and can't get past it. I WISH I could because a 2 hour trip is sooo much better than 17 hours in a car. Plus I way over pack!! I'm jealous. I would love a trip as soon as yours! Where are you staying?

AMaloy314 said:
Tim,
These sound like great ideas, and a bit of a safe guard to some of these new budding friendships that we are making here. Thanks for thinking about us again!

Would this end up changing the final amount in the individual competitions?

No, it shouldn't. :)

We are staying at the ASMu family suites. We'll be taking our 3 DS, ages 6,5,and 18 months. It ended up cheaper to do this rather than get 2 rooms that we would need for nap time. Someday, when I'm rich we'll stay at one of the deluxe resorts. :rotfl2: :lmao: Who am I kidding?

Wait, maybe I'll know someone who will want to pay for an all expense paid trip. <sigh>. I can dream.

Flying has never been a problem for me. When I was a kid, my dad worked as a mechanic for American Airlines. Our family never had much money, but once a year, we got to use flight passes to go on vacation. We always had to fly standby, but we got to go places that other people we lived around could only imagine. I've been flying since I was about 6 months old and never had a 'really' bad flight. I don't know how I would feel if I had to get past something like that.

Now that I'm not eligible for flight passes, though, it really increase the time between trips. Our last one was in Sept of 2004. At that time, I was hoping to go back before a year passed, but we apparently brought home my youngest son as a souvenir. :teeth: I tell myself that he is better than another trip to WDW, and most of the time, I believe it! :rotfl:

Tim-- I like the changes. I agree that we would spend quality time thinking about playing it safe on our team. I would hate to have someone hold back in fear of being voted out. I will be more willing to take bigger risks in my suggestions to the team. I always thought if I ever played Survivor I would be voted off first b/c I can't seem to keep my opinons to myself :rotfl: .

Thank you guys for putting so much time into the game. It must be really tough on your RL.

AMaloy314 said:
Now that I'm not eligible for flight passes, though, it really increase the time between trips. Our last one was in Sept of 2004. At that time, I was hoping to go back before a year passed, but we apparently brought home my youngest son as a souvenir. :teeth: I tell myself that he is better than another trip to WDW, and most of the time, I believe it! :rotfl:

Is your youngest really a bit of Disney magic? I hope his name is Mickey or something equally suitable. If not it should be a nick name.

herodrx1 said:
Is your youngest really a bit of Disney magic? I hope his name is Mickey or something equally suitable. If not it should be a nick name.

We aren't sure he came from WDW. In fact, sometimes I question exactly where this boy came from! :teeth: To tell the truth, I suggested names that I secretly got from WDW. I couldn't tell DH where I got the names because he would have rejected them out of hand. Either way, DS didn't end up with a Disney inspired name anyway. Oh well, I figure that I'm lucky he isn't named Brutus, after the Buckeyes mascot. :)

I guess if he was a Brutus he would HAVE to be a tough kid. Not only b/c it sounds tough but he would have to fight a lot defending his name. At least Brutus is a real name also...at my house it would have to be Boomer or Bivo.

Gotta go for a bit. DS & friend want to use the computer for a little bit. They only get one hour before friend goes home.

We have decided to go to WDW every other year so we could afford it easier. This time I somehow talked DH into staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I hope I don't like it :teeth: Because I am kinda on the cheap side and can see spending so much on a room but during the holidays it looks so pretty. We only have 1 DS so that makes it cheaper too. We are staying our 1st night at Allstars Movies. I haven't been there before.

Tim Gunn said:
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm taking a short break from working behind the scenes to stop by and welcome our newest member! Be sure to check out Ty's thread here:

Jeeves, our personal assistant

I do have something important to speak to you all about and would love some input.

As of right now, we are about to break 400 applications to play WPASADI and we still have 3+ days left to apply. With the original intent to play approx 77 people in the game, that leaves a lot of disappointed applicants.

Plus several of you have expressed concern over the Tribal Council part of the game - worried about voting off someone you may be close to and hurt feelings and potential arguments.

We also have concerns about the timeline needed for doing challenges, the judging period and the Tribal Council period. It would require everyone to be available at a particular time for Tribal Council, which would be near impossible at times probably. That would extend the challenge periods to about 10 days which would run past the proposed time schedule.

One more issue is the potential applicants that have prior commitments - trips, holidays, etc - and would they still be able to play.

We have taken all of what we consider the "negative" sides of the game into consideration and have been thinking of a way to make it better.

Here is what we propose to change to help with these issues. You tell us what you think.

We propose doing away with Tribal Council. We will have approximately 27 teams (subject to change) representing different boards on the DIS. Each week during team play (approximately the first 6 weeks - subject to change), the teams coming in the bottom 4 places with the lowest scores will be eliminated from the race. Whoops.. I just fell into Phil Keoghan mode there. ;)

This will allow us to give at least half of the people that apply a chance to play on a team. It will eliminate Tribal Council, allow us to have a set schedule every week and the teams will have a good amount of people on them to better complete the challenges within the given time frame. This will also allow the people that have vacations during the time we are doing team challenges a chance to remain in the game if their team does well in judges scoring.

We feel this is the best way to run the challenges. It allows you all to worry more about your team projects than "who will we vote out" or the worry that some people will try to vote out stronger people to make themselves look better when you hit individual challenges. It will help any hurt feelings of having to vote out someone you are fond of. It also makes it easier for the judges who would have had to judge 30+ projects in a short amount of time. This way they will be able to take more time as they grade your entry and give any compliments and critiques they would like to give.

So, how do you all feel about his potential change?

:thumbsup2 Sounds fair and fun! If done this way more energy will be spent on projects and not spent on being voted off! Good Job! :thumbsup2

KEW80 said:
:thumbsup2 Sounds fair and fun! If done this way more energy will be spent on projects and not spent on being voted off! Good Job! :thumbsup2
I agree, it does! 400 applicants! That's a lot!!!

For all you OSU fans--- Did you hear what last nights 4 digit Lotto number was? 4239. 42-39 The score of the game. HHHMMMMMM.....

I AM THINKING MAYBE

I NEED SOME ASPRIN

THIS IS ALOT OF READING

MAYBE NOT ASPRIN MAYBE JUST HAVING JEEVES

AND THE GOOD PART

HE WORKS CHEAP :thumbsup2

Ty Pennington! said:
I AM THINKING MAYBE

I NEED SOME ASPRIN

THIS IS ALOT OF READING

MAYBE NOT ASPRIN MAYBE JUST HAVING JEEVES

AND THE GOOD PART

HE WORKS CHEAP :thumbsup2

I'm sorry that this is turning into such a headache for you guys! This was supposed to be fun for you, too. I wish we could help somehow....If you can think of anything we can do, just let us know. You can be sure we'd all do our best to take some of the load off.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:wave: Good afternoon everyone...I don't mean to interrupt.. :blush: I just want to take a moment and thank everyone for the prayers and support as my daughter and son in-law continue to mend. We are hoping that my DSIL will be released from the hospital be next weekend. Our daughter is slowly healing and with time will be back to "normal" :yay:

After tomorrow I'm off from work. And in between taking care of my babies I'll be looking forward to spending some time on the boards...I miss everyone!!

Tammy

Thats good to hear Tammy! Take care of everyone and yourself too!

sweetinmaine said:
:wave: Good afternoon everyone...I don't mean to interrupt.. :blush: I just want to take a moment and thank everyone for the prayers and support as my daughter and son in-law continue to mend. We are hoping that my DSIL will be released from the hospital be next weekend. Our daughter is slowly healing and with time will be back to "normal" :yay:

After tomorrow I'm off from work. And in between taking care of my babies I'll be looking forward to spending some time on the boards...I miss everyone!!

Tammy

Thats good to see that they are getting better.
Steve :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter