GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for finishing your TR! I read it and made a comment. See if you agree...

Thanks for the comment...that was so funny!

Also, thanks for all the well wishes. I'm pretty much better. I opted out of my workout this morning and just took DD swimming. I'll start back on Monday.

I have 1.5 hours to complete this redo of this Dunkin Donuts shop, and no one to watch DD...Hmmm....

Back again. :) I'm half thinking of a place me and my friends can go on holiday. :) So I'm in and out.

Wow, a miracle. :lmao:

My mum just did that. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: So at least we have a permanant copy. :)

Matt, your mom sounds like a brilliant woman who I would like very much! :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Even though I made that sly remark, I DO know how you feel being so far from family and friends and in a place that isn't really home. I feel that way out here in CA often. But I'm a firm believer in the fact that we're put where we're put for a reason, and we'd better make the best of it!:thumbsup2

And I'm glad you avoided that accident on I-4. I heard about that here! And next time you're going to be in the World, let us all know way ahead of time, and maybe we can all meet you there!:yay: :yay: :yay:

There's a book I've read called 'Bloom Where You Are Planted,' and I think there's a lot to be said for that sentiment. It is true that a happy person is likely to create their happiness wherever they are, and the same for an unhappy person. There are things I'm glad to have returned to, for sure, but that won't stop me dreaming about retirement and moving to Florida some sweet day!! :cloud9: :beach:

I'm really astonished at our good luck in finding out about the accidents and closing so far ahead of panic time -- seriously, what are the chances? We check on the flight on the last day, but we've never even thought to check that the highway is open! Well, something else for the next checklist!

And a Whosyourdaddy DIS Meet in Orlando -- I like!!! :thumbsup2

Thot...that was sooo THOUGHTFUL of your DF to warn you.:hug: Glad you weren't in that mess!!! (Sorry for the bad pun. :duck:) And I agree. It's a sign. :cool2:

:rotfl: I'm all about bad puns, no need to apologize! (Ooo, that reminds me, I've got a picture that my DF took of me and my DD in front of Pooh's Thotful Shop. I've got to move that over to photobucket so I can post it here!)

I walked into the kitchen this morning, and not only were DSs shoes in the middle of the floor, so was the shirt he wore yesterday! In the middle of the kitchen floor....that's not even trying.:headache:

And Nancy, I'm the same way about camping..it's actually MORE work because you're doing all of that stuff with equipment that isn't nearly as convenient. I think you have to really love it...not for me. I used to work with someone who said she camps at the Hilton...............more my style!:thumbsup2

That's great Frog, thanks for coming over to tell us to look for it!:goodvibes

And after you get that job, we'll come see you! :yay: That fire made the lead story on the Today show....so glad you missed it!

Did he at least sort of kick it all to the side? Oh, no, I see it was all in the middle of the floor. Seriously, what is it with the testosteroned side of the human race? :confused3 I've watched my DS and DH drop things wherever they take them off, as if little Laundry Fairies are going to catch each item before it can hit the floor and waft it off to the hamper, or as if the clothes simply cease to exist as soon as they are unneeded. I gotta get me a mentality like that, it would save me so much aggravation!

Camping in a hotel is right up my alley, too!! Gee, doing the same stuff you do at home, but with more bugs and less convenience ... did I miss the part where that's fun?

I've decided on my new position: Quality Control for Disney Attractions! :thumbsup2 I'll ride everything all day long and make official-looking marks on charts and checklists. Say, you don't need any actual qualifications or experience for that job, do you?

:wave: Good morning! I got busy and never got a chance to sign back online last night!
Thotfulspot, I'm glad you made your flight home on time! I guess it would be a lot different missing and rescheduling an overseas flight!

My DH, master planner that he is, called the airline to see what all our options were before we headed out. We could have rebooked through Tampa -- at our expense and with a connection through Chicago :eek: -- or, if we wanted to fly out from Orlando, the next flight with 4 spaces would be on Sunday. Ack! My DH was actually tempted, but the kids have school on Monday, and we're cutting it close with jetlag as it is.

Good morning!

I have a little bit of time before I need to get ready for work. So far this morning I have cleaned the kitchen from the mess they made last night and I have a batch of pumpkin muffins in the oven. I totallay forgot that today was a food day for my team at work and I had signed up for a healthy dessert. Pulled out my old quick standby recipe from WW. It smells very good in the house right now.

Mmmm, pumpkin muffins!! I certainly hope you made enough to share with all of us! :rolleyes1

What is it with airlines taking you waaaay out of the way, anyway???:confused3 I live right smack dab between two airports. I could go through ABE a LOT of times...for cheaper (but not Southwest :teeth:)...but I'd have to connect in PHILLY...which is our OTHER airport!!! Why on earth would I want to drive an hour NORTH to fly an hour SOUTH, when I can drive an hour SOUTH to begin with??? And most times...that connector plane is the same one I can get direct out of Philly...but the flight out of ABE is cheaper. Makes NO sense to me.:confused3 But I must admit, that one time I flew to Wales by way of Amsterdam, so that I didn't have to take my parents...and luggage;) ...on a train from NEAR Heathrow to Wales.

I'm sure the whole hub thing makes sense from some perspective or other, but we've had so many flights from Frankfurt to Tampa or Orlando via Chicago or Washington, DC, and I don't like the extra time and carbon footprint at all! This particular roundtrip was appealing to us because it was a direct flight both ways and was late enough in the day that we had an extra half day at the end, which is always nice!

I've finally learned not to try to make flight distances and prices make sense, and now I'm a much calmer person! :goodvibes

I've learned to like Southwest Airlines. ::yes:: Where's that kicking-in-the-butt smilie? I should have been a convert years ago. :blush:

BTW, over here, it's already Saturday -- one day closer to your trip!! :goodvibes

Did he at least sort of kick it all to the side? Oh, no, I see it was all in the middle of the floor. Seriously, what is it with the testosteroned side of the human race? :confused3 I've watched my DS and DH drop things wherever they take them off, as if little Laundry Fairies are going to catch each item before it can hit the floor and waft it off to the hamper, or as if the clothes simply cease to exist as soon as they are unneeded. I gotta get me a mentality like that, it would save me so much aggravation!

My sister has a theory about men. She says all they have to do is ask themselves a series of 4-5 questions and whichever one is "yes" they just DO it (or attempt to). They don't have that pesky thought process women do where they have to think through all of the ramifications and consequences and other people involved.

For instance: A man says, "Am I tired? Yes." And then he goes to sleep.

A woman says, "Am I tired? Yes, BUT I can't go to bed yet because I've got to fold all of that laundry and make the lunches for tomorrow, and check out DD's homework, etc."

It must be much simpler to be a man...:laughing:

I went to Target this afternoon to see if they had their global market stuff set up in the back (a yearly post-Christmas/pre-Easter display). THEY DID!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: I just love the stuff--it's all really cool imports and interesting little knick-knacks, bowls, vases, rugs, lamps, etc. I bought a beautiful Asian-looking bowl to put in the living room. I'm sure I'll be buying more stuff before it all disappears in February...:love:

I went to Target this afternoon to see if they had their global market stuff set up in the back (a yearly post-Christmas/pre-Easter display). THEY DID!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: I just love the stuff--it's all really cool imports and interesting little knick-knacks, bowls, vases, rugs, lamps, etc. I bought a beautiful Asian-looking bowl to put in the living room. I'm sure I'll be buying more stuff before it all disappears in February...:love:
Cool!:cool2:

My sister has a theory about men. She says all they have to do is ask themselves a series of 4-5 questions and whichever one is "yes" they just DO it (or attempt to). They don't have that pesky thought process women do where they have to think through all of the ramifications and consequences and other people involved.

For instance: A man says, "Am I tired? Yes." And then he goes to sleep.

A woman says, "Am I tired? Yes, BUT I can't go to bed yet because I've got to fold all of that laundry and make the lunches for tomorrow, and check out DD's homework, etc."

It must be much simpler to be a man...:laughing:

*snerk* It all makes sense now!! :idea: :lmao:

Have you overcome the jet lag yet? Or isn't your body sure what day it is?

Oh, that's not going to happen for a few days now. The rule of thumb is one day for each hour of time difference, and we were 6 time zones away. On the plus side, we all slept for at least a good chunk of the return flight and had a good night's sleep last night (except my DH, who woke up at 2 am and coulnd't fall back asleep, so started his workday early! :scared: ). On the other side, it's almost 12:30 am and my DS10 is sitting on the sofa behind me reading a book because he can't sleep.

As for me, I had an energy drop at about 8pm and napped for half an hour, and could happily go to sleep now, except I'm not sure if the dog has been out for his last walk of the day yet, and I would purely hate to guess wrongly on that one! :lmao: Hey, I can kill 2 birds with one stone here -- send DS out to walk the dog!

Ooo, nice!! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter