• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good & Happy news

Well this isn't news news and you have to read until the end for good & happy -

We had some severe storms come through last week. We did not know until days later, but it was a tornado (had to be confirmed).

Power was lost in about five minutes in this area. I was very good at conserving my phone. About two and a half days in, with no power the phone was gone. Stupid of me, I did not realize that some places had generators where I could have powered up.

Where I live has a locked door below and no buzzer. So a phone is kind of a necessity for communication, smiling.

So I just happened to be looking out my window and I went Huh? At the exact moment one of my friends has his pickup parked across the street looking up at my window, seeing if I was still home or had gone elsewhere.

He had brought three lights and a portable generator/charger - to at least charge my phone.

I was fine. This wasn't the end of the world. But my goodness my excitement to be able to play music was palpable.

AND I truly felt so loved.

Last edited:

Our fun and exciting news is our DD18 was told she made AllState 2nd team and the state’s AllStar team. This is the icing on the cake for the awesome Senior year she has had both academically and athletically.
(picture is her hitting a home run on Senior night - she ended regular season with a .404 average and 5 home runs)

271BEB6D-09F2-4BDF-B958-EC31EBC05CDE.jpeg

My daughter graduated on Thursday! She got a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Really in need of nurses. Took four hard years but she will be an RN. View attachment 672572
Congratulations! We need great nurses! My daughter is just finishing up her 2nd year as a new RN! (And I am one!) It’s been an amazing journey for her! (And for me!) You are right, Nursing is a very tough program and it takes a huge commitment to make it through! If there’s anything we can help her with, please just ask! :goodvibes

I have some good news to share. I don’t know if anyone remembers when I lost my last German Shepherd. It was rough. My heart was so broken that I had to take a break from them for a while, but I’ve been looking ever since then for the right one to join our family. I can’t even tell you how many I applied for, and they were always gone by the time anyone got back to me. But recently I lucked out when a rescue already had an application from me on file and I was able to get in there first for a really sweet dog whose owner died. He joined our family last week! My heart is full! :lovestruc

1653922644195.jpeg

Our fun and exciting news is our DD18 was told she made AllState 2nd team and the state’s AllStar team. This is the icing on the cake for the awesome Senior year she has had both academically and athletically.
(picture is her hitting a home run on Senior night - she ended regular season with a .404 average and 5 home runs)

View attachment 672755
You are in for such fun over the next four years! DS played NCAA baseball, and it was such a great experience! Congratulations to her, and good luck in her next chapter! 🥎

View attachment 672755
WOW, what a memorable event!

I have some good news to share. I don’t know if anyone remembers when I lost my last German Shepherd. It was rough. My heart was so broken that I had to take a break from them for a while, but I’ve been looking ever since then for the right one to join our family. I can’t even tell you how many I applied for, and they were always gone by the time anyone got back to me. But recently I lucked out when a rescue already had an application from me on file and I was able to get in there first for a really sweet dog whose owner died. He joined our family last week! My heart is full! :lovestruc

View attachment 672773
What a beautiful gentle face, we lost our CAV in December and I'm not there yet for a new one but your post makes me hopeful :)

One of my nieces got married this weekend. The ceremony was lovely, the reception was a lot of fun.

The bride and groom met when they were freshmen in College…in 2007. They have always been good friends. I suspect he has always liked her, but for whatever reason was in the “friend zone”. They actually started dating almost 3 years ago, and I’m so happy for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter