Good Faith Deposit to Jeffrey C. Sweet

hichicha

Earning My Ears
Good morning. I just heard from the broker that I am to send a blank check for my good faith deposit to Jeffrey C. Sweet, Attorney at Law. Does a blank check sound right? I don't think I should ever mail a blank check, but I just wanted to check with anyone else who has used this attorney for closing.

Thank you!

Jeffrey Sweet is legit. However, the broker is incorrect about the blank check. It should be for a specific amount. I don’t know why s/he told you to send a blank check. That person was mistaken. The deposit amount should be outlined in your paperwork.

Jeffrey Sweet is legit. However, the broker is incorrect about the blank check. It should be for a specific amount. I don’t know why s/he told you to send a blank check. That person was mistaken. The deposit amount should be outlined in your paperwork.

I know the deposit amount. I think by blank she meant who the check was made out to.

Do not send a blank check.

But, he is legit, I have used him twice. (once for a closing, and once for a quit claim deed)

And in the event I need services again, would turn to that office in a heartbeat.

Agree that Jeffrey Sweet did a good job, better than First American.

I know the deposit amount. I think by blank she meant who the check was made out to.

Ours was made to “Jeffrey C Sweet, Attorney at Law”

Honestly brokers are kind of useless, I ask question directly to the title company as much as possible. They are the ones who do most of the work.

Blank check, huh?? I would never send a blank check to anyone. Any real estate agent who suggests sending a blank check is unprofessional and needs to have their knowledge base refreshed!

Good morning. I just heard from the broker that I am to send a blank check for my good faith deposit to Jeffrey C. Sweet, Attorney at Law. Does a blank check sound right? I don't think I should ever mail a blank check, but I just wanted to check with anyone else who has used this attorney for closing.

Thank you!
Poor advice, scary!😡

I've had to seek clarification twice on this particular email, so I thought I'd ask here. You all have been very helpful. Thank you!

Agree that Jeffrey Sweet did a good job, better than First American.

Ours was made to “Jeffrey C Sweet, Attorney at Law”

Honestly brokers are kind of useless, I ask question directly to the title company as much as possible. They are the ones who do most of the work.
We have used him at least five times. The above is how you write the check and fill in the amount and legal line. He is the best, your broker....?

Who is the broker? They sound like a crook. Please post so we all know who to avoid.
I have used Jeffery Sweet for 3 contracts, they are a great.

This is through Vacatia and I've been dealing with two individuals there. I believe one is more of a real estate broker and the other seems to be the assistant. It's the assistant who told me to send the $1000 good faith deposit via a blank check or money order to Jeffrey C. Sweet. I responded that I was hesitant to send a blank check to anyone through mail and had made the check out to Jeffrey C. Sweet, Attorney at Law, and the assistant responded that it was fine to do so, but without further explanation. So maybe a little miscommunication? I'm glad I knew the amount was $1000 and have worked with several dvc resale brokers to know that this seemed a little weird.

But thank you all for answering today.

Vacatia is a vacation rental company. Are you buying a DVC contract from them? Didn't know they were also a broker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter