Good arrival night dinner options for a party of 8

BrianF

Earning My Ears
We're going down in late August and since many DtD restaurants aren't showing reservation availability at this time I'm looking for tips in case I don't get an ADR for our arrival night. Last time we took a similar trip we ended up at Splitsville and everyone loved it so I'm open to that but we did have to wait quite awhile and I'd like an ADR but they have "no schedule available" or something like that from the 7th of August onward. If we have to walk up and wait what are some good options for a party that size? We don't have park tix that day and DtD isn't mandatory, we could eat on Harbor somewhere. There are two no-cow-milk kids in our group which doesn't help but they both like pizza if there's non-dairy cheese available, so perhaps Napolini would be good if someone can confirm they have that, how's the wait for walkup situation there? We haven't ever done the new burger and beer place so that's standing out as an option too.

Help me out hive-mind, what are your thoughts? Thanks,
Brian

Naples or Tortilla Joe’s. Usually they have seating for large groups. You could also try Storytellers or Wine Country Trattoria (inside DCA). Most of those are mid range price and have varied menus to suit different people’s tastes. Keep looking for reservations.

Ballast point is kind of small upstairs so probably a long shot and Black tap only has takeout window right now.

Further away is Garden walk where you could find Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang’s and California Pizza Kitchen etc. those could be better for reservations for larger groups.

I would strongly recommend reservations if you can get them or eating early (like 4-5) ish as the evening backs way up and even the takeout lines get long

We are hoping to do Ralph Brennan's our arrival night with a group of 9. Tortilla Jo's will be our backup. I think I'm going to have to try for two smaller groups near the same time for our reservations.

I have been trying for DTD dining reservations for my 8/14 arrival and it seems as though they only have options through 8/7/2021. Nothing for DTD shows up after that date so it may be they just have not released yet. I would keep checking.

Craftsman Grill in the Grand Californian Hotel has something for everyone. Plus, if you sit out on the patio (you exit to it behind the cashier) you can see into DCA and hear the crowds.

Looks like they added a bunch of reservations this AM for DTD restaurants. We just snagged a couple for our Aug 19-22 trip

We opted to go with Craftsman Bar and Grill reservation on our arrival night dinner. Nice way to kick off with a good meal before we start exploring Downtown Disney and hotel hopping to the other Disney on-site hotels, especially drinks at Disneyland Hotel's Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar.

If you're looking for a table services restaurant, we really enjoy Ralph Brennan's in DTD (their chocolate bread pudding!!:love:). Earl of Sandwich is a good choice for quick service. Cheesecake Factory for a table service offsite...tons of menu options.

Another vote for Ralph Brennan's. Found it easier to call them direct for larger groups vs trying to book though Disney Dine.

Most of the DTD restaurants you can call and make a reservation direct.

Another vote for Ralph Brennan's. Found it easier to call them direct for larger groups vs trying to book though Disney Dine.

Most of the DTD restaurants you can call and make a reservation direct.

How big was your group? We have 9 and I'm wondering if that's big enough.

Our favorite place to eat in DTD is Black Tap! Yummy burgers, salads, fried pickles and the most amazing shakes! It's not table service though so no reservations available.

Our favorite place to eat in DTD is Black Tap! Yummy burgers, salads, fried pickles and the most amazing shakes! It's not table service though so no reservations available.

We are going to try this when down there if we can get in. Any tips on when to go to get a table? We're a party of 9.

I saw when all the restaurants finally had availability after the 7th and had no real luck finding room for a group of 8 but I made a 6pm res for 6 and used my DWs account to make a 6pm res for 2 at splitsville. After some menu browsing and review watching I think it’ll be the best menu for our group. Craftsman looks awesome and would be good for the adults but they didn’t even have the party sizes that would let me split it.
Has anyone tried booking a total number that works and getting them to combine the parties? If we have to sit separately we can make that work. I feel pretty confident calling can’t hurt so I’ll give that a shot but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this approach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter