Good Airfare PA?

disneyfantotheend

DIS Veteran
I am flying for the first time with our family of four plus a friend. We would prefer to fly out of either Philadelphia or Allentown and go direct to Orlando. Being it is the first time with nervouse flyers, I would really prefer no layovers. I know for sure Air Tran and Us fly direct out of Philly. I am concerned with US due to there recent bankruptcy. Allentown is just SE airline I think that goes direct and it takes you to Sanford not Orlando. Does anyone have a preferance between these airlines or know of any others that go direct. Also what is a good rate? I have been researching a bit, but can't really tell when to grab a rate and when to wait on it. Help please!!!

We are flying out of Phila. because of the good airfare. When we booked, we couldn't find anything non-stop under $200 anywhere. We ended up booking US air for $200 with awesome times. I believe flights for March just dropped under $200.
We leave in a month, I'll post back here after our trip and let you know how everything went.

We looked into ABE because it is much closer but we didn't want to fly into Sanford. We didn't want to have to rent a car and drive into Orlando.

We generally fly out of Newark and love Continental but they just didn't offer the price we were looking for this year. I'm not sure where you are from in Pa, but if you aren't too far from Newark, I would check into that also.

We have used airtran May 2002 and will use it again Feb 1 2003.
We paid $170 to $180 rt with no stops Phila to Orlando. We have been very satisfied with the service - easy to book online,
reasonable prices,newer planes in some cases - we like the
11:20 am flight to Orlando,still get a few hours in the parks.
Watch for the $69 one way fares - some of best prices I've
seen. Also, sign up for bestfares e-mail deals - gives you a
great idea of current pricing. Happy hunting!!

i agree that anything for a direct flight under $200 is a good deal...We are paying $133 on Delta for a connection...but with 6 people flying that is a lot of money for a non stop flight....

I've flown air tran to MCO....No problem with planes but sometimes the personnel is not quite as friendly and helpful as one would like...we have also been delay twice for no reason....I wouldn't worry about USair...bankruptcy doesn't having any bearing on there ability to fly at this point in time...and I'm sure it wouldn't for a long time...

I'm one of those who flew SouthEast airlines out of Allentown but I flew into Sanford which is not bad at all, it's a straight drive on I4 to WDW and it's only 50 minutes , honestly I found it easier to get to WDW from Sanford than from MCO. My rate was 133rt and it was a non stop flight both ways. I would fly to sanford again in a heartbeat, only the legroom on those planes was a bit small but it wasn't a problem for me

My DW and I will be flying on Southeast from ABE to Sanford in a few weeks. These are non-stop flights leaving on a Monday at 7:00 AM (arriving in Sanford around 9:30 AM) and returning at 7:30 PM (arriving in Allentown around 10:00 PM). They are pretty much the same types of flights USAir used to have from ABE except theirs went into MCO. Our total price with taxes came out to about $153 each. I believe Southeast is some type of charter and they only allow flight ressies several months in advance of your vacation dates, but I'm not positive about that. I believe I read that they are now taking ressies for these flights up to the end of April. Also, we prefer to use a towncar service as opposed to renting a car and I have found that these prices are quite a bit more than they are from MCO to WDW since it is a longer drive. I have seen prices ranging from $160 to $200 r/t plus tips as opposed to $75-$85 from MCO. We have read only good things about Sanford Airport on the DIS and we are looking forward to flying into that airport. By the way, we flew USAir from ABE to Philly to MCO last April and it was something we would not want to do again. My DW did not care for the shuttle flight from ABE to Philly and the flight from Philly was overbooked so they were begging people to relinquish their seats. The return trip went through Pittsburgh. We also did not care for the times of the flights.
Hope this helps

I am flying from Avp to Philly, then from there direct to MCO Orlando on Us Airways in July. I thought about the bankruptcy but after talking with others that fly far more frequently than I, decided to go with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter