• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golfcart question... excellant info on outside cart rentals ya gotta look!!

I have a question about the gas powered golf carts. Where do you get gas to fill them up? And how long does a tank last if you've got them for a week?

Juls
FW 77,79,81,90,99...2001!

:D :D

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
>
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board

DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<center><Font Color=ff0066><Font size=4>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font></center>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

I really am interested if the gas lasted a week or not, and where can you fill up? (without going offsite to a gas station with a can)

DrewJ
Roughly the size of a barge

Tigger is just bouncing this one up, also interested in what ot do if you run out of gas.

Tigger

pooh-tig05.gif

What a great tip this is! :) Thanks!

Does FW mind that you bring in an outside cart? Is there any restriction policy on this?

Comparitively, how much of a savings is this rental from renting thru WDW?

Thanks for this great info!

Delaney

I am new to the idea of camping at WDW. We stayed at CBR last time and are considering camping at FW this time since we have a camper.

What do you do with the carts? Is the park so large that you need them to get around? Our camper does not have a bathroom, so we do need to get to bathroom facilities. It sounds like fun. How much is the FW golf cart rental?

Shirley

CBR Jan 2000
Next Trip Jan 2002 Where to stay?

Fort Wilderness is very large and spread out, the electric carts make it very easy to get around the resort and back & forth to the confort station.

If you rent the ones Disney has they cost 36.00 for a 24 hours period, carts with a windshield cost 40.00 for a 24 hour period.

You can call up to a year in advance to reserve a cart, they can be hard to get otherwise. some people also rent from off site conpanies.

We do not always reserve one in advance mainly because our trips are spur of the moment, if you call or visit the bike barn early in the morning you sometimes can get a cart with no reservation.

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
>
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board

DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<center><Font Color=ff0066><Font size=4>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font></center>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

To answer the question about golf cart gas ..... we take a 2 gallon gas can with us and fill up about every two weeks. You would need a car with you to go to the gas station (there is an Exxon on-property and many others on 192). The gas in the golf cart tank seemed to last about one week with each fill. Hope this helps.

bumping this up for golf cart inquiries, found it on search

just re-reading this thread since we are once again renting grom GCE. We could not have been more pleased the first time!! We had a gas one and it lasted all 12 days. We really drove it a lot too!! Several nights we road aroun for at least an hour, just to check out the decorations. We did not have a windshield last time, and definately want one this time, so a few days before we leave (going Aug 20-30) I plan on calling just to confirm that we need a four seater, a windshield and gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter