• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golfcart question... excellant info on outside cart rentals ya gotta look!!

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
We are camping with 4 adults and 2 kids...will they let us all ride in one golf cart? Can we fit? Has anyone gotten a discount? Thanks

[This message was edited by Camping Griswolds on 11-07-00 at 10:42 AM.]

You will probably not get a discount on the electric carts but it can't hurt to ask. the carts are designed to hold 4 adults, depending on the size of the adults and the children you might be able to all fit.

by the way I love your screen name, we have had some Griswold vacation moments, buts that another thread. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
><font color="#FF0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board
</font></font></font>
DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<Font Color=ff0066><Font size=2>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

How many people can you get on a golf cart?!?!?!?!?!Well, we have had as many as 7 plus a stroller. People included my DH who is 6'4 and about 235lbs, myself, DD-9, DS-3, DD-1 1/2, my SIL and MIL. We held the small ones and I held the stroller between my legs. I don't recommend this but we were leaving the Hoop-Dee-Doo and it was raining. We were all tired and didn't want to make 2 trips.

It can be done, so you and your family should have no trouble. Have FUN!!!!!!!

We have also had 4 adults and 3 children in a cart. We knew we were breaking the rules, and were concerned about CMs telling us that we needed to stop. But as we passed them, they just smiled and waved.

Robin P.
FW 75-80,89
offsite 88,93,94,95,96,97,98
FW 99
Next Trip Dec.2000 FW

If you plan on renting one, you better do it before you go down. You can rent a year in advance. If you wait till you get there, you won't get one. We reserved ours for April already. You don't have to pay, they give you a reservation # and that's it.
angela

The only discount available on golf carts is if you get the cart from an off-site company. There are a few golf cart rental companies outside of DW that will deliver to FW and pick up for $40. The cost of rental itself is usually between $125-175 per week, depending on what you ask for (gas or electric). We have used them for a few years, and have found them to be VERY flexible, organized, competent and cost effective!

We are going back to DW in the summer of 2001 and plan on staying over a week. The weekly rental thing sounds great. Please pass along info you have on these companies. Do the golf carts look like FW ones with a roof overhead?

Thanks for the info,
Kathy

Bianca: Yes, please post any information you have on golf cart rental companies. I did a search for "Golf Cart Rentals" and it only came up with Golf Courses!

Thanks!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

This is interesting....I found a place that rents golf carts, but they won't rent them to people staying at FW!! I was told that too many carts came back all banged up, and with too much damage, so they don't let them go to FW anymore!

That's really too bad that some people had so little respect for property that they ruined it for the rest of us.

rhonda@wdwinfo.com

I just made my golf cart rental reservation yesterday for my trip coming up in December. We have used the following company this year and in the past:

Golf Cart Enterprises, Phone (407) 850-5559. Their rental fee is $150 per week or $275 per month (gas or electric) with a $50 delivery and pick-up fee (this went up $10 due to the increase in gas prices).

There is another company local to DW that I know was renting last year, but have not tried recently and their name is Mid Florida Golf Cars, Phone # (407) 699-6400. Their prices last year were $150/2 weeks plus $40 delivery fee.

Golf Cart Enterprises does have a waiver to sign stating that if you damage the cart, they will bill you for damages, but they said they have NEVER had a problem at FW. Hope all this info helps someone!

Forgot to answer the question about how the golf cart looks. They all look EXACTLY like the FW carts. They all have windshields (not an option like it is at FW), they're beige, etc. Your typical golf cart!

Thank you for the info bianca! I think I may give them a call. Thats a pretty big savings!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Robin P.
FW 75-80,89
FW 99
Next Trip Dec.2000 FW

Thanks Bianca! I just called Golf Cart Enterprises and was able to rent a cart for the first week of December - the total with tax and delivery is $212.

rhonda@wdwinfo.com

Rhonda,

How many days did you get the cart for? I'm going to call today and try for 8 or 9 days...........35 days to go!

Robin P.
FW 75-80,89
FW 99
Next Trip Dec.2000 FW

I have reserved for 5 weeks. They pro-rate the 5th week based on the monthly rate, so it is a pretty good deal.

Parmtoo: Sorry, I should read these long posts more often...I missed your question. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

But, to answer it, we got the cart for one week (Friday-Friday) for $212 including tax.

rhonda@wdwinfo.com

Do you have to pay in advance? I like the idea of the golf cart waiting for us, but how do they do that when I only have resses for loop 1400?? Also if I find I don't really need or use it, can it be returned and pro-rated?? I have read that in Ft. Wilderness if you don't like it you only have to pay for the time it was used and you just return it. Best of all, I like the windshield idea!!

You give them your credit card number when you make the reservation, then they actually charge it when they drop off the cart. They leave it just inside the front gate for you, and that's where you leave it for them when you leave.

They don't have a cancellation policy. He told me that if you just call before it's delivered to cancel, you won't be charged. So, I would think that if you want to return it early, they would credit your card back for the unused days. You should ask this when you make your reservation though.

rhonda@wdwinfo.com

This sounds great. I only wish we would have known about this 3 weeks ago. We just got back and paid the FW price. We will definately check this out for the next trip!!

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}

Golf Cart Enterprises could not make the rental easier for you (other than driving it directly to your campsite). It is much easier than renting from FW at the bike barn ...... don't have to wait, etc. The carts ALL have windshields (at FW you have to pay extra for a windshield) and you have the option of gas or electric. We always choose gas because of the time of the year we go. We go during the busier Christmas season, and with a gas cart we never have to worry about plugging in somewhere, because at Christmas time it can become cut-throat trying to get an outlet for your cart. Only drawback is that it is a little noisier, but we have found this to be a nice feature in another way ..... at least people can hear you coming and they get out of the middle of the street ..... not like the electrics ...... you have to hit somebody before they know you're there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter