Golf near HH resort

mhochman

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I'm going to HH for the first time with my family for the first time. My son (11) and I would consider a little golfing while we are there. I know that HH is famous for tons of courses. What we'd be looking for is a very relaxed, 9-hole, public course. My son can be a little slow moving through a hole, and we are very conscientious about holding up other groups, so we'd want a relaxed place where we wouldn't necessarily be grouped into a foursome and where "everyone" is kind of slow.

At home we always go to the park course, which is 9 holes and nobody is rushing because everybody stinks. :rotfl2:

Thanks.

We are heading to DHHIR in November and we would also be interested in a 9 hole course:)

We'll also be there in November, and DH's middle name is "golf". He's played every course on HHI at least once, except the real private ones. At Shipyard there are 3 9-hole courses, and I think you can play just one. Palmetto Dunes courses are 18-hole, but I don't know if maybe you can play only 9 holes (just avoid Fazio if you're not into a tough course-when we were there, the lady we played with got so discouraged, she quit). Check into Hilton Head National and Old South for 9 hole availability. Hilton Head National is especially reasonable (well, for HHI!) and a great course. I'll ask DH for others when he gets home from work.

If you don't mind going a bit farther afield, there is a Par-3 course at the airport in Savannah, and the local Municipal course here is 27 holes, but, you only play 9 at a time.
Don't have to play all. And there is also a 9 hole course at the local Paper Mill, but, I don't know how pleasant that would be. :(

(Look for my Dad's plaque above the door there. He was very well thought of at the 'Muni'

When DH got home last night, he said that Hilton Head National is also 3-9 hole courses. He mentioned Old Carolina is a 9 hole course, but he's never played there.

We were just on the island for a week last month. My SonIL & I played once and he played with my BIL another day. Marriott has a special for $20 per round plus cart fee or $70 for 4 rounds plus cart. You can use that for 4 at one time or 1 player 4 times. It's for Shipyard, Port Royal, Oyster Reef or Old South. Cart fees were $38 or less depending on which course and the time of day. One thing about Shipyard is they tend to have 4 minute intervals for start times and are very strict if you don't stay under the course time limit, I think it was 4 hrs 20 min for 18. Oyster Reef was 8 min start times. The problem with Old South and HH National and some of the ones further out are that getting off or on the island at times can be quite delayed plus you burn more in gas than you'd save. I provide this info for reference, I'd check with DVC to see what specials they have. Golden Bear tends to have a lot of 2 for specials, like $50 for 2 in the afternoon. We didn't investigate 9 holes only so I can't speak to that specific issue. The guy at the golf outlet store in the Tanger Outlets closest to HH had a lot of good info to offer.

We played a 9 hole course at Shipyard in June. I played with 2 of my sons and a grandson. They have a special for family fun around 4 pm. It was nice, not crowded and we were not rushed at all. Give them a call and ask about it.

Just got home last night from HHI. Played 9 holes at Shipyard after 4 with my 13 year old. It was very relaxed and casual. No one pushing us along. It is also very close to the resort so no venturing too far. I believe it was around $45 with cart and green fees for the two of us.

Just got home last night from HHI. Played 9 holes at Shipyard after 4 with my 13 year old. It was very relaxed and casual. No one pushing us along. It is also very close to the resort so no venturing too far. I believe it was around $45 with cart and green fees for the two of us.

Sounds perfect. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter