Golf Carts at the Fort.....waaaaay out of hand

Maybe we could have the people that abuse the carts pick up the poo in the 300 loop as punishment ?

well, i'm tellin ya, that would be welcome here cause the way it is now, all these little kids are walkin their dogs and LEAVING the poo right where it falls! my husband had to ask one child if he needed a bag for his dogs droppings, lol. the kid was like HUH? also, the dog park is FILLED with dog dirt just left there; the grass is sometimes high and its hard to see, so dog walkers, beware, the dog park is a dog doo-doo park, lol.;)

not complainin though, i'm happy as all heck to be here STILL! Tiggerinbama dropped by last night and we chatted for awhile, always great to see her!

Eventually someone will get very hurt.
Then the lawyers will step in and everyone is going down.

And if you think it cant happen, just think back a few years ago when a women won a $4 million dollar lawsuit against mcdonalds because her hot coffee was too hot.
And when the lawsuits end disney will no longer allow carts.

:rolleyes: Not that I have any opinions about this issue.:rolleyes:

Ummm...regarding the McDonalds coffee.This was in the 90's. Did you know that they kept their coffee at an extremely high temperature, so as not to have to brew fresh coffee when a pot sat for a while. (I'm a coffe drinker..and that still sounds gross to me.) I do remember when a cup of McDonalds coffe was so hot you could not drink it or hold it in your hand. My kids were younger at the time, and I was always paranoid about one of them accidently bumping into me while drinking it. For this reason, I also had the common sense not to put it anywhere near my crotch. Which is where the woman who sued McDonalds spilled her coffee after purchasing it from the drive through window.:eek: (OUCH..guess she didn't have a cup holder..who knows:confused3 ) I have spilled coffee accidentally on my older son when he was 5..the mug handle broke off as I was walking to the table(maybe I should have sued the maker of the mug..but never thought about it:confused: ) The coffee did hit the table and splattered onto my son who was just wearing a tee shirt. He had second and thrid degree burns. I know McDonald's coffee was way hotter than what we brewed at home, so I can imagine the damage it could have done if allowed to be kept at that temperature to save a few bucks.
I'm just saying people always use this as an example of a frivolous law suit because of the way it sounds on the surface..but there was more to it.
Of course I'm sure there was plenty of money made by all those involved. Only you don't have to worry about burning your skin off when you order a cup of coffee at McDonalds anymore either.

Can you tell..I have a brother who's an attorney?...:laughing:

well, i'm tellin ya, that would be welcome here cause the way it is now, all these little kids are walkin their dogs and LEAVING the poo right where it falls! my husband had to ask one child if he needed a bag for his dogs droppings, lol. the kid was like HUH? also, the dog park is FILLED with dog dirt just left there; the grass is sometimes high and its hard to see, so dog walkers, beware, the dog park is a dog doo-doo park, lol.;)

not complainin though, i'm happy as all heck to be here STILL! Tiggerinbama dropped by last night and we chatted for awhile, always great to see her!

300 was one of our favorite loops and we were gonna request it for our Sept. trip..but given that the dog park is there, I thought that might be an issue. (the poop left there and the aroma drifting):sad1:
We've had the same problem in the campground we've been seasonal in. Last year a big lab went right in front of our site. I offered the girl walking him with her friends a bag, because of course she didn't have one. This kid was gagging trying to pick it up. Obviously, she hadn't cleaned up after her dog before. Her friend actually had to do it for her. I'm sure if I wasn't there, she just would have left it. I mean, if it makes you gag...(which..I have a dog..and he can leave some gagger deposits himself:scared: )...but I wouldn't leave it for somebody else to clean.

300 was one of our favorite loops and we were gonna request it for our Sept. trip..but given that the dog park is there, I thought that might be an issue. (the poop left there and the aroma drifting):sad1:
We've had the same problem in the campground we've been seasonal in. Last year a big lab went right in front of our site. I offered the girl walking him with her friends a bag, because of course she didn't have one. This kid was gagging trying to pick it up. Obviously, she hadn't cleaned up after her dog before. Her friend actually had to do it for her. I'm sure if I wasn't there, she just would have left it. I mean, if it makes you gag...(which..I have a dog..and he can leave some gagger deposits himself:scared: )...but I wouldn't leave it for somebody else to clean.

well, we are on the dog-park side of the loop and i can honestly tell you, there is no smell whatsoever. if you stand there at the park, you can't see poop just looking out, it is there buried in the higher grass. i wonder if some people even know the park is there, only see it being used every once in awhile. if my molly could talk, she would say how much she loves being able to go off leash there. she's met some real cuties in the past week, all pretty well behaved dogs too. its the OWNERS and their kids that need the training!;)

well, we are on the dog-park side of the loop and i can honestly tell you, there is no smell whatsoever. if you stand there at the park, you can't see poop just looking out, it is there buried in the higher grass. i wonder if some people even know the park is there, only see it being used every once in awhile. if my molly could talk, she would say how much she loves being able to go off leash there. she's met some real cuties in the past week, all pretty well behaved dogs too. its the OWNERS and their kids that need the training!;)

I'm glad to hear this. "Molly"..cute name. ;) My mom's dog is named Molly also.

I've been in the 300 loop and the doggy doo smell was bad! My Maggie loves the Doggy park. It was the only time she was able to be loose and run. She's a Golden Reteiver too.

I saw a movie once with a girl in it whose name was molly! Wow, what a small world! :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't help myself! I am in a really bad mood and a TON of pain, and the drugs are making me loopy, but not helping. I am rambling on, I am going to leave now before I make a fool of myself, oops too late!

Well, just to keep things going....
our beagle is named Molly, too!
Maybe we need to start a new club....:rotfl:
And just to keep this somewhat on topic, she loves riding around on the golf cart!

Heehee boy how in the world did this thread go from golf carts out of control, to doggie poo to defending our family...gotta love the dis....and look at Gatordad all laughs because he's afraid he will have to shut down another thread for Rhonda..haha j/k :dance3:

I'll get this back on track for the morning crew :

Golf carts out of control...

People smelling and steping in dog poo at the fort...

Dogs named Molly...

Ok lets talk :chat:

Somehow or another these golf cart threads get turned into something like this lol. I've seen worse. Ok everybody walk 10 paces and turn around shootin. Mental illness is a really sad thing and I'd say thank the lord everyday you have your mind. Those of you that have handicapped relatives, I feel for you. The world is a mean place unfortunately to people like that and like someone said karma will come back.

Lets keep it on topic and be respectful to others, us the report post function rather than argue it out on the public forums. I'd hate to lock the thread.

Ahhh.... therein lies the difference. You sign a waiver when you rent a cart that you acknowledge and will obey the rules. The fact that they can't be everywhere 24 hours a day being "big brother" bears out the liability issue. Disney's liability ends when you sign that form.

They do enforce the rules as much as they deem legally necessary. You've seen it and I've seen it. All Disney would have to do is produce CM's stating that they do enforce the rules. End of liability. I'm sure Perry Mason would even agree with that one!;)

I love these discussions, Pete!:goodvibes <smiley just to aggravate you - and I can't get points for that!>

Okay..now I'm caught up..I admit, I hadn't read the entire thread when I posted earlier, didn't realize the McDonalds thing had already been discussed. Johnny come lately, I am.
From what I've heard those waivers you sign aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I often wonder about this when you have to sign them when your kids participate in sports and things of that nature. It just my opinion that I'm pretty sure people have sued Disney regarding the carts...you just don't hear about it. These things almost never wind up in court, and they settle. It's a drop in the bucket to Disney.

I saw a movie once with a girl in it whose name was molly! Wow, what a small world! :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't help myself! I am in a really bad mood and a TON of pain, and the drugs are making me loopy, but not helping. I am rambling on, I am going to leave now before I make a fool of myself, oops too late!

I hope you're feeling better!

This Molly?
244_ringwald_molly_100506.jpg

I'm sure she likes Golf Carts at the fort and drives them responsibley. I'm also certain she cleans up after her pet when she stays in the 300 loop.

Lets keep it on topic and be respectful to others, us the report post function rather than argue it out on the public forums. I'd hate to lock the thread.

Plus you can always put someone who you don't want to read their posts on "ignore".

scwhiiiing molly ringwald.

I hope you're feeling better!

This Molly?
244_ringwald_molly_100506.jpg

I'm sure she likes Golf Carts at the fort and drives them responsibley. I'm also certain she cleans up after her pet when she stays in the 300 loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter