Golf Cart vs MNSSHP

RedBarons

Earning My Ears
Good evening,

We are heading to Fort Wilderness next week for a 12 night stay and we are SO excited. We are debating between two options. Option 1 would be to rent a golf cart for the entire stay. Option 2 would be purchase tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 20th. We are a family of four with 2 girls ages 5 and 7. I know the campground is huge and we look forward to spending some relaxing time at the Fort. We will be bringing our bicycles but I have never been to Florida in the summer and I am not sure if using the bikes to get around will be too much for our kids in the heat.

Thanks in advance for your advice! Have a great day!

Good evening,

We are heading to Fort Wilderness next week for a 12 night stay and we are SO excited. We are debating between two options. Option 1 would be to rent a golf cart for the entire stay. Option 2 would be purchase tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 20th. We are a family of four with 2 girls ages 5 and 7. I know the campground is huge and we look forward to spending some relaxing time at the Fort. We will be bringing our bicycles but I have never been to Florida in the summer and I am not sure if using the bikes to get around will be too much for our kids in the heat.

Golf cart!

They will all enjoy it! Also will make for a better trip!

Mnsshp is fun but exhausting too. Go for pix? Candy?parade? Show?rides? It’s a bit overwhelming,

Also kids that little staying up to midnight is going to be hard.

They can wear Halloween shirts with pumpkins etc or a costume to MK on a park day, they will blend right in and not even know the difference.

My friend took her 5 grandkids and that was my recommendation . They had a fun day and didn’t know they missed a party.

I agree with getting the golf cart. It will make the entire vacation more enjoyable. With the heat and humidity bike riding any distance at the children's ages can be overwhelming.

The Halloween party is nice. (We went 2017 and 2018). Honestly the crowds were unbearable. Disney says they sell limited tickets, but each year it increases the number (in my opinion). Over the two years i spent $600 for the party. We tried waiting for characters, but lines start forming at 4 (the time you can enter with park ticket) and continue throughout the night. We waited a good hour for the parade, Hocus Pocus show and fireworks. WE found one spot and stayed put. However, we still didn't have a good view of the show.

Trick or treating in MK was fun. It is a bunch of candy stations that you get a handful of Mars candies. August is HOT!! Chocolate melts!!

My outcome after two parties, I paid $600 for a bag full of candy and a parade.

I'm not sure it will be available, but we are planning to try an get a late night dining reservation for California Grill. It's expensive but just ordering appetizer and drink or dessert and drink. Then watching fireworks from their observation deck. Or there is a 4th floor observation deck at the contemporary resort to observe the fireworks (again, not sure it's available).

with all that said, golf carts can be reserved (I believe one year out) so that option may not be available. I suggest calling and see if any are.

Whatever your decision, have fun making magical memories!!!

The golf cart makes everything manageable at the Fort, including morning runs to fill those mugs with tea and coffee.
Your DDs ages feel young to enjoy a party that goes to midnight (although they'd love ToTing, I'm sure).
Every morning when we'd set out from our cabin to the dock or the bus stop was a whooping thrill ride for my kids. The golf cart is its own ride. 😉

We’ve done with and without golf carts many times, and, if I had to choose, it would be MNSSHP. The bus system is excellent at FW.

We have even checked our cart in/out during stays, because we don’t want it sitting unused. They are great fun, but not necessary.

Last edited:
Good evening,

It will be an average high of about 91 with an almost guaranteed brief afternoon thunder shower everyday. But always crazy high humidity. It will of course be cooler in evening and mornings and fine to ride then, but you still sweat or feel damp from the moisture in the air. Have a fun trip!

Also I vote golf cart if available still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter