• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf Cart Rental at Fort Wilderness

Frank4202

Mouseketeer
During one of our off days, we wanted to possibly rent a golf cart at Fort Wilderness and explore. We are not staying at this resort. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a cart for a few hours instead of the entire day? I think 4 hours is more than enough time for what we had planned.

So to answer your other question, cart rentals are for a 24hr period. Meaning, if you pick it up at say, noon, you have to turn it in the next day by the check in time. I think it was 10:00am but I don't remember exactly. If you picked it up at 4:00pm, still has to be back by 10:00am the following day.
You can turn the cart in when you leave, example 8:00pm on the same day you picked it up, but you still pay the $67 rental fee for the day regardless. I used to do it when friends came down to visit at Christmas time. Rent the cart for the day. Hopefully pick it up around 10:00 but 1:00 was the official time. Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't. Run over to P&js for a quick lunch. Park the cart there, get on the boat to MK and Monorail the resorts. Finish, return to the Fort. Dinner at Trail's End. Then loop and look at decorations till late into the evening. Turn in the cart, keys in the drop box and head home!
Sounds fun huh!
As others have said, carts are reserved for fort guests now. At least Halloween and Christmas. They recently added a bunch of carts to the fleet so there's a lot more to go around. Might be worth a call to see what's been reserved for the day you want to go. Disney doesn't like to leave money on the table so they might rent one if it's available (might). You would still be on the hook for the full day rental so no renting by the hour. No more Trail's End so even if they still rented to non Fort guests we wouldn't go back.

Just walked in the door from my drive home from Fort Wilderness and can confirm golf carts are for FW guests only as they tie it to your cabin / camping spot reservation.

You can pick them up 1pm onwards and they are due back by 11am.

When I arrived Sunday, there were tons and tons of carts available (the Fort seemed only at half capacity or less during my drive arounds), but last night there were almost no extra carts available which makes sense because it seemed like every cabin and campsite was full!

Just walked in the door from my drive home from Fort Wilderness and can confirm golf carts are for FW guests only as they tie it to your cabin / camping spot reservation.

You can pick them up 1pm onwards and they are due back by 11am.

When I arrived Sunday, there were tons and tons of carts available (the Fort seemed only at half capacity or less during my drive arounds), but last night there were almost no extra carts available which makes sense because it seemed like every cabin and campsite was full!

Yes this is the time after Easter/spring break and before summer crowds so mid-week is typically not full but the weekends still book up for locals and short stays.

Glad you made it home, @champagne&disney .

Bama Ed

Wonder if they're 'stocking up' in expectation of DVC owners/renters wanting golf carts. I'm still wondering if they're going to include them as a perk for owners since there aren't a whole lot of perks for them at the Fort, at least not for now.

Last December we rented a pontoon for ~$60 for 45 minutes and I highly recommend to anyone who has the tiniest bit of interest. That was enough time for travel all of 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It ha a great sound system and WDW does a fantastic job at keeping you safe yet leaving you alone. The small security boat would pop by us for a minute if a ferry needed to pass nearby and then disappear right after. We had about 3 of these encounters. Very pleasant.

Anybody 18+ can rent, just make sure to have your auto license with you. I just looked at the price and of course it just went up, it’s now $50 per 30 minutes. Does seat up to 10 guests - very comfortably.

If you’re looking for something fun and interesting this may be it! We made the whole circuit starting from Grand Floridian Marina. Went over to Poly, Contemporary, MK, back of Contemporary, Ft W and Wilderness Lodge, MK again and back to Gran Flo. I think it closes around 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter