Golden Mickeys Are Back!!

Hubby and I were just having brunch at PC and pulled the Navigators from the Dream and I'm happy to say that the Golden Mickeys are back! Thanks to everyone who gave DCL their feedback!!
We had Golden Mickeys on the Wonder two weeks ago, along with Dreams, Frozen musical, Solo, and multiple variety shows. The fact that there is a double show doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking anything else away. We had double shows in addition to everything above.

We had Golden Mickeys on the Wonder two weeks ago, along with Dreams, Frozen musical, Solo, and multiple variety shows. The fact that there is a double show doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking anything else away. We had double shows in addition to everything above.

Right; that is consistent with what everyone was reporting, which is that 7-day cruises had all three shows, with repeats, but 5-day and shorter cruises were down to two live shows. This post marks a change because it is the first time this summer that a 5-day cruise has been restored to all three shows instead of what was happening, which was two nights of Believe, two nights of BatB, and a movie.

Fingers crossed this means we will get all three on our upcoming 3-night!

That's not the case with shorter cruises. On recent 5 day Dream cruises they had Believe on two different nights, Beauty and the Beast on two different nights and a movie that could have easily been seen 8 other times in the theater next store on the other night. So, Golden Mickeys was cut and there were only two shows for an entire 5 day cruise. In this case, something was most definitely taken away.

But not in WDT. Instead the theater was only for the repeated shows and you had to cobble together your evening schedule if you wanted to see anything else. So yes, there were other shows, but it was not the easy vacation it has been in the past.

But not in WDT. Instead the theater was only for the repeated shows and you had to cobble together your evening schedule if you wanted to see anything else. So yes, there were other shows, but it was not the easy vacation it has been in the past.
Well, we didn't have to cobble together a schedule. Everything I mentioned was available in the evening, and most of it (except 2 of the 3 variety shows) was in the big theatre. Those other two variety shows were evening shows in Azure, which is actually more comfortable than the theater, so no issue.

Doubling up Frozen made sense, so everyone could actually get a chance to see it. A non-issue.

Totally agree with your point from my Med cruise. I commented on the doubling up in multiple ways so hopefully this will change on those cruises as well.

That's why I love Disney, they listened and adjusted quickly. We are looking forward to GM next week if the schedule holds. Thanks for sharing mom2brooke76.

There seems to be more negative comments overall lately. Not sure if that is just a sign of the times with the Internet or if DCL has regressed a bit (maybe from excellent to very good?). We will be on the ship Friday, our first time on Dream and first DCL cruise since Fall 2014. I will report back if I noticed any changes for better or worse.

Can't wait, 2 Castaway Cay stops :)
This is great news. We did the double dip on the 10th, and honestly the lack of shows was the only disappointment. Have a blast!!!!

Are the double shows still going on for 7 night itineraries on other ships? I looked at navigators from early June on the Fantasy and every show was repeated twice. I am wondering if I should send a complaint email now in advance of our 2019 cruise.

Are the double shows still going on for 7 night itineraries on other ships? I looked at navigators from early June on the Fantasy and every show was repeated twice. I am wondering if I should send a complaint email now in advance of our 2019 cruise.

The latest Med cruise on the Magic looks like it had double shows. Ugh.

I looked at navigators from early June on the Fantasy and every show was repeated twice. I am wondering if I should send a complaint email now in advance of our 2019 cruise.

We will be on a September sailing of the Fantasy, and like you, I will be VERY disappointed if they do not have the variety of shows offered to which I am accustomed since my first cruise with DCL in 1999. My family and I LOVE the stage shows!!!

While I'm not crushed by this news, honestly, I was hoping they were training their staff for an upgraded show. Compared to Believe and Beauty and the Beast, the Golden Mickeys are a big step down in terms of creativity and fun.
I’m with you. It’s my least fav.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter