• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golden Horseshoe/Billy Hill & the Hillbillies update

iceskatejen

<font color=0000CC>I did it 4 times during my trip
Just got back from spending both Saturday and Sunday at DL and spent a lot of time over at the Golden Horseshoe. They have a new policy about being able to come in. They no longer have line-ups for any shows other than the first one. Before, they used to kick the last group out, clean the restaurant for 15-20 minutes, then let the next group (who usually had formed a line outside) in for the next show. They're no longer doing that. Which means you can stay in and watch multiple shows in a row w/o leaving your table and not knowing where you'll be sitting for the next show (or making it easier to move closer for the next show). We did that for 2 shows on Saturday and all 5 shows on Sunday (I didn't get to go to DL Thanksgiving weekend and really needed a big Billy fix).

Also, the Billys are doing their holiday show now (they started on Thanksgiving weekend). It is hilarious. I saw the gold team's show on Saturday and the blue team on Sunday and the shows are essentially the same--the only variations being the second song (which changes from show to show anyway and each team has their own set of songs they select from for that part of the show, with only about 3 songs that both teams perform), portions of the Orange Blossom Special and Billy Elvis's Elvis set (the blue team isn't doing the Beatles this month) along with some of the jokes and such that are based upon certain members' personalities and such. So if you go Saturday through Wednesday, you'll see pretty similar shows. I don't know what the green team does for their holiday show (the team who performs on Thursdays and Fridays).

I like that change, my family loves that show! Just another thing Disneyland has over WDW in my opinion. We miss it so much when we are in Florida. Glad you got your Billy fix!

We can never seem to plan our days to attend the shows! One of these days we'll make it to the show. I hear its hilarious!

We saw it today, very funny!!
I don't know what team it was, but they were very good.
Lots of laughs!
:rotfl:

Albertan Mom--Tuesday=Gold Team. Probably the team I know the best because I've talked to them more often (though I've talked to Blue team members a few times also and Kirk (Billy Elvis) & Dennis (Billy Fiddle) are on both).

I don't know of any sites that have a whole show on them, but I've found bits and pieces here and there. Among the best are Billys sites are: http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/wb6uce/area51.html and http://www.jansworld.net/billy_hill/1_billy_hill_main_page.htm. The first page is updated weekly and is almost as hilarious as a Billys show. The second is more their new "official" website showing all 3 teams. It has links to all sorts of info and other sites.

My dd is almost 6, would she like this and is it appropriate for her age? :cool1: :Pinkbounc

I think so. Most kids seem to enjoy it. If the stars align themselves right, I'm hoping to be able to take my 6yo nephew to the show this Sunday.

abby said:
My dd is almost 6, would she like this and is it appropriate for her age? :cool1: :Pinkbounc

My 6 year old niece saw it and took up the violen (she is still playing after 5 years). It is the one show (over Fantasmic, Aladin, parades, fireworks) that we always work into our trip. Plus it is a great way to take a break, have lunch and still do something fun. Some of the jokes may go over her head, but nothing inappropriate.

Well, they're back to the old kick 'em out after each show policy. I guess whoever in upper manegement that decided to have an open-door policy came and saw how that worked and changed their minds, so it's back to line-ups for each show. Unless you're there on a very uncrowded day (don't expect to see that until after the holidays are over), if you want to see multiple shows or ensure being in the front row, get in line early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter