Going to Tuscany?

ltbush

Earning My Ears
We're getting psyched for our "Taste of Tuscany" Sept 17th. We have a 13 yr old and 10 yr old, and wondering if anyone else has kids that are headed to Italy?

Can't wait!!!!:cool1:

Lori

Yes! Yes! We are going to Italy on the Taste of Tuscany tour & we have been waiting to hear about anyone else going!!!!! I've posted on the boards before but never found anyone else who was going the same time as us......
Sept. 17th thru Sept. 23rd. We are a mother, aunt ( 2 sisters ) & 13 year old son/nephew.
AND we are very excited because it's 2 weeks from this coming Tuesday!

We have a 13 yr old girl, and 10 yr old boy. Both are counting down the days.:thumbsup2

Both my husband and I have been to Italy, but this is their first time abroad (except for a cruise) and they are pumped.

How 'bout you all?
Lori

Hi Lori,
This trip is to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday!! She has always wanted to go to Italy, so decided to take this trip as a birthday present to herself!....
.......& invited me to come along with her & my 13 year old nephew, AJ. None of us have ever been to Italy before. I have been to England & Ireland, but no other parts of Europe. So, we are all very excited & looking forward to it.
And I'm so glad there will be other kids on the tour who are AJ's age. That's why we picked ABD. Since it is family-oriented, we figured that would be our best chance to meet other families who would be traveling with kids.
We are flying out of Boston on the night of Sept. 16th & will arrive in Rome on the morning of Sept. 17th at about 9:00 AM ( Rome time ) after a short lay-over in Paris.
Where are you from?
Betsy ( mehitable )

Hi Betsy,

We are from North Carolina!

We leave on the same schedule as you. I have 2 red-headed kids - so you may very well see us in the Rome airport! (We have a direct flight into Rome from NYC.)

We also were hopeful that there would be other kids - it's great for them to have someone to "hang with."

We have downloaded some "Italian podcasts" from the web, to learn a few phrases. :-) My daughter loves it - she's put it on her iPod. My son, well, he's decided that all he needs to learn is Gelato and Pizza.

We've already started going through what we need to bring, to make sure that we all only bring 1 bag, each, and 1 carryon. Haven't looked at the weather there, yet, but we'll have to do that soon.

We are looking forward to meeting you all!
Lori

Hey Lori,
My sister, Jessica, bought some CD's a few months ago to try to learn Italian. She was listening to them in her car on the way to work. But she'll be WAY ahead of me.......'cause I'm with your son......I think basics like "Gelato" & "Pizza" will be fine for me! LOL
And I agree with you on the packing issue. I have been "mentally" packed for weeks, but will soon have to actually put all that into the real suitcase & make sure it is enough ( or not too much! )
Jessica & I have been checking the weather in Rome on a pretty regular basis for about the past month. It seems to have been mostly on a par with Boston weather. Most days recently in Rome have been about in the mid-80's & sunny. Hope it stays that way.....'cause that will be perfect!
And speaking of weather, are you guys hunkering down for Hurricane Hanna?????? Stay safe!
Betsy

Hi Betsy!
Well, we were lucky with Hanna, that's for sure. All we ended up getting was rain (lots of it) and big wind. :worship:

We are putting our lists together so that everyone remembers what they need to take, on the plane, and for the trip.

We are hoping that the upcoming hurricanes stay away, because next weekend we are riding in the MS/150 - a 150 mile bike ride for Multiple Sclerosis. (My mom, daughter and I are doing it together, wish us luck!)

We will be keeping an eye on the weather in Italy, too.

Take care - and we will see you soon.
Lori

Wow!! - 150 miles......that's awesome! good for you.....& good luck!

Looking forward to meeting you in Rome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter