• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to Disneyland tomorrow!!!

chanchiluv

"Mommy, when can be go again?!?!"
Whoooo Hooooo!!! I can't believe we're almost there! :-) :Pinkbounc Oh, I've got so much packing to do! Tomorrow at 11:50AM we're flying on our way from Oakland, CA to Anaheim! I am soooo psyched! We'll be there for five solid days. :-) :love:

SO, here's some more last minute questions:

If you could think of one thing you packed that ended up being invaluable to your trip what would it be? ::MickeyMo

and

Anything special at the Park Inn I should know about? Should I call them today and ask them to reserve us a specific room? Do they do that? :confused3 I know we want a refridgerator in our room. I know they have them, but are they standard in each room or should I call and ask?

also.....

ok, I've got to ask..... Is fake snow cold??? :cold: LOL!

Linda

Your excitement is so fun! I am sorry but the only question I can answer is the fake snow isn't cold! (It wasn't at MGM Osbourne Lights last December!)

Have a great time!

There is a thread on the Disney Tips about invaluable items for packing (I suppose they would be similar for Florida and California! Things like sunglasses, undergarments, socks, extra batteries for cameras, band-aids, etc!)

Great question. Two things I was glad I had:

1. Airborne, this fizzy herbal drink that can help boost your immunity to catching a cold. My son and I drank it every day, and didn't get sick UNTIL we were home after the trip. There a lot of germs at the parks, since people go even when they are sick. They make a jr. dose in grape flavor, but you can cut the adult tabs in two and give a halfdose to kids. It tastes like sparkly Tang. No harm in trying it! It seemed to work for us. You can get it everywhere, it's about $5-6 for 12 tablets, and I've seen and bought it at both Walmart and Target.

2. Wet Ones travel packs of anti-bacterial wipes. We used these constantly because of above-mentioned said germs. You touch a lot on the ride cars (lap bars and what not) AND my son loves to walk the queues dragging his hands all along the way. Think of how much "yuck" gets on your hand doing that! We used one every couple rides or so, one wipe amongst all our hands (3 of us) or whenever we were going to eat something OR when I saw DS really getting his hands funky on the queue bars, etc.

Have a great time!!!

I don't have the answers to your questions. I just thought I'd wish a Bay Area resident a safe and fun trip. Wish I was going.

If you have a digital camera - don't forget the camera charger!!!! I can't believe I forgot that a few years ago!
I'd say bring ibuprofin, sunblock, and wet wipes!

Noryglory- I actually have a small hand sanitizer bottle attached to my fanny pack. You can get them with rings attached to them for this very purpose. I too am a bit of a germaphobe so we use this often. It is horrible to be sick on vacation so I do whatever it takes. I also swear by airborne but I only take it if we are on planes or start to feel very early symptoms!

Chanchiluv- we are also going tomorrow for 4 nights at the Disneyland Hotel and we are from the Santa Cruz area. Alas, we are doing the 6 hour drive..couldn't get a good cheap flight for the 3 of us. Marilyn :sunny:

Yay for you!!
Have fun!!

We stayed at the Park Inn last trip. It was good. The gift shops are good, and there is a game room. The breakfast is decent too. (they have free fruit at the front desk too)

Don't forget Gravol in case of nausea, the camera and batteries, granola bars for those late night or daytime snacks, books for the plane trip.

I also took a notebook, and every night when I was laying in bed winding down I would write down where we went that day, what part of the park we did, where we ate, what rides were the best etc... It was good for keeping track of pictures, and the kids like to read it and remember it all. I put the sheets of paper in the photo album.

Have fun!! We will be waiting for a trip report!

It rained really hard one of the mornings we were there a couple of weeks ago...we were VERY glad to have a couple of small, collapsible umbrellas in our backpack. Everyone else was soaked...not us! :flower: One year I forgot and it rained so I purchased them at one of the gift shops near the Park Inn. Have a wonderful trip! pirate:

The most important thing I packed on my trip last month were moleskins! I ended up with a blister on my foot the first day and the moleskin saved me from from misery for the rest of the trip! They are wonderful and invaluable items for the first aid kit!

Thanks, guys! It's 9pm and I'm still packing. LOL! I'm pretty sure I got everything we need. I agree with you guys about the airbourne. That stuff is great for warding off colds! :goodvibes A Safe trip to everyone who's coming this week! See ya there! :rotfl:

Dont forget the large Ziplock bags. They come in very handy for things like wet clothes or keeping your popcorn safe. Have fun!!

Dakota_Lynn said:
The most important thing I packed on my trip last month were moleskins! I ended up with a blister on my foot the first day and the moleskin saved me from from misery for the rest of the trip! They are wonderful and invaluable items for the first aid kit!

I've gotta agree with that. You also need something to cut the moleskin (I forgot my little scissors once, and ended up using nail clippers; it wasn't pretty).

But, clearly the most important single item for me to pack is my Disney Visa card.

Hey, Chanchiluv should be on her way to Dland now....
lets talk about her while shes gone....
teehee!! ;)

:teeth:Just kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter