Going to Add-On, But which Resort

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Looking at Direct Purchase :
Looking to add-on, but not sure which resort for 2 Adults( kids grown and gone). Unable to decided which resort, we go back and forth. Stuck on BRV or SSR.
BRV lots of food options/bars/lounges/ transposition(boat/bus), 2 pools, love the Reno Studio and 1 bedroom
SSR 1 grab and go dining (main Bld),Turf Club/ bars(4 outside/1 pool)1 inside(turf club),transportation( boat/bus/walk-Disney Springs) , love Studio and 1 bedroom

I have no idea why I keep going back to BRV , my husband is looking at SSR.
Thoughts????

Looking at Direct Purchase :
Looking to add-on, but not sure which resort for 2 Adults( kids grown and gone). Unable to decided which resort, we go back and forth. Stuck on BRV or SSR.
BRV lots of food options/bars/lounges/ transposition(boat/bus), 2 pools, love the Reno Studio and 1 bedroom
SSR 1 grab and go dining (main Bld),Turf Club/ bars(4 outside/1 pool)1 inside(turf club),transportation( boat/bus/walk-Disney Springs) , love Studio and 1 bedroom

I have no idea why I keep going back to BRV , my husband is looking at SSR.
Thoughts????
Resale would be a considerable savings on both properties if you've already got your Direct points covered with OKW.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I'd still definitely go resale versus direct.

Both BRV and SSR could be bought resale at less than half of what DVD is charging Direct. That's twice the trips! 215 direct BRV versus around 100 resale. 205 direct SSR versus around 100 (sometimes a good bit lower than that) resale.

If you want SSR and direct. I would suggest buying one of the other "for sale" resorts right now with the incentives. You can always trade into SSR at 7 months. Lower buy in then SSR direct, plus pick one that has lower MF and save all around. If you are set on direct.
But Resale is the way. I would also go SSR for the lower MF over BRV.
Bias, I own SSR

BRV- Harder to book at 7m, recently refurbished, $215pp direct, ~$100pp resale, 2042 expiration, $8.68pp dues

SSR- Easy to book, $205 direct, $80-90 resale, 2054 expiration, $8.14pp dues

How many points are you looking to buy?

I can’t support buying either of these direct right now. They recently had SSR on sale for 145? direct so that gives you an idea of how much they value it. I’d wait for another one of the sales they had like when they did AKV for 160 per point for 200 points this past year. I know they had BLT for a decent price in early 2022 and they had incentives on PVB earlier this year as well. I’m not sure why you aren’t considering RIV or VDH? BRV you do have home resort priority so if you care about that for like Christmas trips, fine. SSR’s home resort priority is near worthless. The drop off from direct to resale VDH/RIV even though resale restricted is still less than the drop off from direct SSR at 205 per point to 85 per point on the resale market.

Last edited:
Unless you really need points I'd wait a few months and see what happens with Poly 2 and the cabins going on sale. With 5 properties in active sales, and who knows what will happen with the economy we might get lucky and get another big sale at some point....

Unless you really need points I'd wait a few months and see what happens with Poly 2 and the cabins going on sale. With 5 properties in active sales, and who knows what will happen with the economy we might get lucky and get another big sale at some point....
This would be my advice as well. The only question I have is how much inventory Disney is still sitting on for SSR and BRV (if they are absolutely set on those resorts). I am not the most frugal disboarder but I shudder to think of paying more than 2x resale value, especially for a resort with such a short time horizon. If you buy direct at RIV or VDH, you know that you’re taking a 20-30% haircut almost immediately after buying, but there’s at least some chance it will appreciate again over the next 40 years…meanwhile, at BRV and SSR you’re looking at 50% loss almost immediately and it’s extremely unlikely BRV will trend up much (beyond inflation), I wouldn’t bet on SSR going up much either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter