Going to a park in the evening that has memh....stupid?

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
We have an early morning start at AK one day and later in our trip we plan to spend an evening there with a 3 to 4pm arrival. Unfortunately on this day, there is memh. Has anyone had experience with this? Do the crowds thin out significantly in the evening since most resort guests had an early start to their day? My fingers are crossed that this will be the case. :scared:

Do the crowds thin out significantly in the evening since most resort guests had an early start to their day?
Some, yes.
Expect about the same level of guests that evening as if there was not a morning EMH.

(There is far too much emphasis placed on the "significance" of EMH dates, overall.)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Is this a summer trip? If so then yes, people very much wilt and retreat by late afternoon. Many folks only go to AK for part of the day.

IME, crowds tend to peak roughly between 11am- 4pm, though they sometimes stay heavy quite a bit later esp MK. Some folks will stay later to see Avatar and the show- expect folks to be in those two areas.

You will likely catch the tail of the mid-day peak when you first arrive, but it should diminish before you can use your 3 FP.

Oh, the other thing though...in summer, it is fairly common to have afternoon storms pop up about 4pm. During lightning, many rides stop running, including all the animal attractions and coasters. = a fair number of AK's attractions.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Is this a summer trip? If so then yes, people very much wilt and retreat by late afternoon. Many folks only go to AK for part of the day.

IME, crowds tend to peak roughly between 11am- 4pm, though they sometimes stay heavy quite a bit later esp MK. Some folks will stay later to see Avatar and the show- expect folks to be in those two areas.

You will likely catch the tail of the mid-day peak when you first arrive, but it should diminish before you can use your 3 FP.

Oh, the other thing though...in summer, it is fairly common to have afternoon storms pop up about 4pm. During lightning, many rides stop running, including all the animal attractions and coasters. = a fair number of AK's attractions.
Yes it is a summer trip. We often travel late August as my DH is a teacher and schools in Canada do not open until after Labour Day. The crowds tend to thin out once the Florida kids return to school in mid August. I am well familiar with the afternoon storms and have experienced them many times but I am willing to take the risk to enjoy an evening at AK. It is beautiful after dark. I was unable to obtain a FP for FOP so I am hoping to hop in line right before park close to hopefully experience a shorter wait.....especially if the early morning crowds have diminished.

I feel like crowds thin out the most at AK in the late afternoon. I think you’ll be fine around 3-4 pm.

Yes it is a summer trip. We often travel late August...

If you are familiar with touring to WDW in August, then I'm not sure what/why you are asking.

I tried to help you with info, now you say you don't need that info?

Huh?

Comparatively speaking, AK becomes a ghost town after about 4pm. With the exception of Pandora, most of the rides become complete walk ons....EE, Dinosaur, Kali, Safari.

It also has a really cool vibe at night, I love it. Plus it's so much cooler. AK is a very hot park on summer afternoons.

If you are familiar with touring to WDW in August, then I'm not sure what/why you are asking.

I tried to help you with info, now you say you don't need that info?

Huh?
We usually avoid parks with emh when we stay offsite so I have no experience with what we were planning to do. BTW......I don't think there was anything in my post that would warrant your argumentative tone. Most often I find the people using these forums to be very receptive and helpful. I apologize if I offended you inadvertently. I did appreciate your most helpful original post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter